587,773 active members*
3,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NCSpeed for WorkNC

I would have posted this in the WorkNC forum, but it's gone now. Not enough traffic, I guess. Anyway, I'm wondering if any of the WorkNC users have tried, or are using NCSpeed? This is an optimizing program that is supposed to work wonders on WorkNC toolpaths.

You can see it here:

http://www.formtec.de/fs_ncspeed_en.htm

Unfortunately, our WorkNC support hasn't said much about this.

Thanks

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Cool worknc user since 1994

i have used ncspeed recently and it is a good tool, but very pricey. it does a good job with optimizing feed rates to save a lot of time on the machine and it also out puts stl mesh models to calculate against in other workzones. i give ncspeed an A for a good product not made by worknc. any word on if anyone likes the new G3 interface in worknc latest v19. i think it will revolutionize how CNC machining is done. i also give it an A [email protected]

I like the new interface.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Dan,

We are just getting started with the NCspeed here in the states. I am currently starting some evaluations of it and it looks like a solid product. For example I took a set of programs that a customer ran 487 hrs on the mill, ran it through NCspeed and it cut 128 hours off the machining time. It works on it's own stock model to "look ahead" and adjust the feedrates acordingly. I have attached a link you can look at if you are interested.

i have used ncspeed recently and it is a good tool, but very pricey
    This is not true at all. Yes this product costs money but if you can get a job off the machine 10 to 20% faster, how long do you think it is going to take to pay off something like that? It is about a third the cost of a WorkNC seat. Not only that but if you are programming multipule machines with one seat of WorkNC (which most everyone does) you mulitply the time savings by that ammount of machines. On average I expect this product to pay for itself in 7 to 14 weeks! But like I have said before on here don't take my word for it, just like all our products you can try it in your shop for free.

http://www.sescoi.com/us/products/wo...dules/ncspeed/

nc speed

Hi, NC Speed has also landed in the UK, and we are testing it with G3, i first looked at NC SPeed in V14. was a good product than and still is now, nice interface, good results , but it must be said sometimes the time on machine will be longer with NC Speed optimisation, but your cutters will still be in one piece, and the operator will be able to keep his fingers OFF the chicken button (UK expression for the feed control)

Where can I download it to familiarize myself?

NC Speed

Hi, perhaps you should contact your Sescoi office. This product is not available as a download, it is for serious users who have a desire to save money. If you are one of those and you already have WorkNC you are nearly there... just ask them
    If not . Why not