588,711 active members*
5,348 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > G540 wiring diagram for dummies? :)

Hybrid View

Mariss, Jeff -- thanks, makes sense.

CR:

I got 50 feet of that wire back in Riverside--ordered it a week ago and it came in pretty quickly. What do you mean by grounding the drain wire at the driver end only?

I'll order those resistors tomorrow.

I already got those home switches. How would I wire them? Diagrams only show limit switches being wired. Would I wire limit switches in series on one input and then home switches in series on the other? Not sure on this one. I know that Mach3 has built in software limit stuff, but I'd trust hardware more. Seems like that by their diagram you can only wire enough limit switches to support one side of each axis and the other would be supported by software? Well, what's the point of that...

I got that EStop switch as well.

Got the keling limit switches too.

I am going to look around here for the parallel cable, but I'll probably end up getting that one.

What are helical connectors for?

I will most likely mount my stuff inside of a computer case or a cheap enclosure.

What are those two things in the middle of camtronics case? http://www.seanet.com/~dmauch/images/g540show_003a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bkboggy View Post
    I already got those home switches. How would I wire them? Diagrams only show limit switches being wired. Would I wire limit switches in series on one input and then home switches in series on the other? Not sure on this one. I know that Mach3 has built in software limit stuff, but I'd trust hardware more. Seems like that by their diagram you can only wire enough limit switches to support one side of each axis and the other would be supported by software? Well, what's the point of that...
    Using the red diagram, wire the NO home switches to terminals 1,2,3 and ground--Just the way they show it. Wire ALL of the NC limit switches in series between pin 4 and ground.

What are helical connectors for?
    Reducing or eliminating backlash in conjunction with pre-loaded ball nuts.

What are those two things in the middle of camtronics case? http://www.seanet.com/~dmauch/images/g540show_003a.jpg
    I think they are DC relays.

CR.