I have not worked on an Oi control before so this is the first that I have seen a parameter setting to allow or disallow the clearing of the local variables. I have seen the option for the common variables but only for power down not for program end or reset button. There is no setting for the permanent common variables (unless on newer controls). I have never assumed that local variables #100-#199 are cleared to null when starting. I only believed this if a power cycle was preformed.

I agree that I would not want to leave data in the local variables. I would not care either way if the common variables #100-#199 cleared at program end. I use my locals for things like number or holes or bolt circles etc. Then use the common for calculations and cutting parameters. Onto the permanent common variables for clearance planes, crash protection, tool data etc. So the commons don’t make much difference to me.

I am curious as to why there would be a parameter setting to allow M2 to act like M30. If you wanted the program to rewind then use M30 if not use M2. Does anyone have a scenario where you would want this setting? Is this something so postprocessors don’t need to be changed?

Good info to know.

Stevo