587,126 active members*
2,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Talking Bridgeport GX1000

Hi guys,

I am considering getting another CNC machine recently. One sales from Hardinge introduced me Bridgeport GX1000. This machine is made in Taiwan. They told me they also export to US and EURO. I would like to know is there anyone here owns "GX" model machine and your valueable comments about it.

Thank you

Hi, where in the world are you.

I am in Taiwan.

For quick no hassle programming, buy a Hurco. The control is easy and flexible, quality of machine build no different to Bridgport/Hardinge, the Hurco probably has more grunt as they were initially designed for Toolmaking. As they all have linear rails, s-curve excelleration, look ahead (High Speed machine ability), direct drive, ect, ect, there will be hardly any difference.

regards Dave, I hope thats helpfull

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your suggestion. Herco controller looks good but the problem is not so common in Taiwan. 90% of CNC operators are farmilar with Fnac so if I get a machine with Fnac control it will be easier for me. They took a hardened block for benchmarking today. I will see how this machine performs and make a decision.

Fanuc & Heidenhain Controls

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybank View Post
    Hi Dave,

Thank you for your suggestion. Herco controller looks good but the problem is not so common in Taiwan. 90% of CNC operators are farmilar with Fnac so if I get a machine with Fnac control it will be easier for me. They took a hardened block for benchmarking today. I will see how this machine performs and make a decision.
    This is a very good point Sunny Bank, but, any Machine Control Programmer who can use a Fanuc or Heidenhain control can use a Hurco. Difference between Hurco controls and majority of others, speed of programming, ease of programming, trigonometry calculations of intersecting profile lines and circles - easy, NO calculator or Computer needed in most 2 D cases, no ZEUS required.

WHen you say Hardened block are you talking 54/56 Rockwell, if so and you are looking for that type of machining Hurco can also achieve good High speed machining on G code programs.

For Hard metal cutting, example Mould Tool industry, if your budget stretches look at Makino, Matsuru and Yasda, the Elite machines of Industry.

Any 3D of course, for all machines you need a CADCAM package.

regards Dave

Hi , I work with Hurco vm2 and Bridgeport gx1000b and they are both awesome machines and have done many things on both machines......love them both

A wise decision when purchasing a machine includes where you service/support will come from and how good it is.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)