588,030 active members*
4,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

6MB FIN SIGNAL

Hello
    I have a Matsuura MV1000 with a 6mb control
    the problem i have is when i program a G84 G74 tapping cycle the z axis
    travels to the bottom of the hole with spindle running in the specified direction when it gets to the bottom it reverses the spindle but does not move up in the Z it just sits there.
    If i remove the Fin signal relay and replace it again the machine completes the cycle.
    i am not sure if a wrong paramater setting can cause this i have bought this machine at auction so it is possable someone has changed a setting prior to me buying it.

Any help appreciated especialy from Al The Man or Dan Fritz.

Try increasing the spindle speed. If you try a tapping cycle at a very slow spindle speed, the control reverses the spindle and expects the "Spindle speed arrival" signal to turn off, then back on again when it gets up to speed in reverse. If the spindle is running too slowly, it may turn off then back on too quickly for the control to see.

If that's not it, then it's likely an adjustment for the spindle speed arrival signal (SAR) from the spindle drive. Try running a tapping cycle and wait until the spindle reverses. Then, look at diagnostic #700 to see why the control has stopped. Each bit designates a reason why the control has stopped. Please see my reply to the other post on the Amada punch press, in which I described diagnostic #700.

Thanks for the reply Dan
    yes when it stops at the bottom of the hole
    #700 bit 0 is staying at 1
    according to your previous post that means:
    M, S, or T command is being executed and not finished.
    how can i narrow thi down further

Thanks

Please try this experiment: Make a short program that simulates what you're doing with the tapping cycle. Turn the spindle on at the same RPM, move the Z axis down a bit, then give it an "M04" to reverse the spindle and then move back up.

This short program should work the same as the tapping cycle, so if the spindle reverses and the control stops with the same bit in diagnostic 700 on, then we can narrow it down further. Take out the Z motions and see if you can program a spindle start with M03, then a short dwell, then an M04 to reverse the spindle. If that hangs up also, try programming just an M04 (from a spindle stop condition) and see if that works.

When the control processes an M03 or M04, it sends a "Spindle Forward" or "Spindle Reverse" relay signal to the spindle drive. An M05 turns off both of those signals. The spindle drive is supposed to respond with an "Speed arrival" signal, which finishes the M-code.

Perhaps your spindle drive is not sending back that "speed arrival" signal for M04, which would mean that the control will hang EVERY TIME you program a spindle reverse, regardless of whether it's in a tapping cycle or not.

Any clues are helpful here.

Dan
    when i am tapping on the machine at the moment i program it like that and it works fine.
    Its a pain when there is alot of holes.
    I just would like the G84-G74 cycle to work like it should do.

So am i right in saying that inside the control the G84 cycle is made up from G codes and M codes just like i am programing at the moment.

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but there is a parameter in the Fanuc 6M manual that's not very well described. The parameter is 021 bit #7 (the bit on the far left). The description in my manual says that "Method A" or "Method B" is used in G74 and G84 canned cycles with Analog output A. A "1" in that parameter bit is for method "B", and a "0" in the parameter is for method "A". Since it doesn't describe what "Method A"and "Method B" are, I can't say what effect it will have on your canned cycles.

Whatever parameter 021 bit 7 is set to, set it the opposite way and see what happens. It can't hurt to try it. It's the only parameter that I can see that affects only the G74 and G84 canned cycles. I would guess that it has to do with HOW the spindle is controlled during those canned cycles.

PRM 9.7 FIX2 also can participate in the mess. The whole FIN circuit should be checked also, especially what happens when both M and S codes are issued. If 9.7=0, check if SSP/SRV are used in the ladder at all.
    Below is the explanation of parameters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fix2.jpg   g84sa.jpg   g84sb.jpg  

Ok i have just got my hands on a set of Matsuura manuals
    there is a digital display on the side of the machine
    When this problem occurs the display reads 23.
    That means in the book:SIGNALS MF,SF,TF OR FMF ARE NOT OF IN SPITE THAT FIN (finish) SIGNAL HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED TO THE NC UNIT AFTER COMPLETION OF S,T OR M FUNCTION

IT THEN ASKS IF
    ML1(m function command signal led)
    ML2(s function command signal led)
    ML3(t function command signal led)
    ML36(command of spindle reverse and stop during fixed cycle led)
    LAMPS ARE EXTINGUISHED

The answer is no because 1 and 36 are lit
    it then asks is cr109 on (fin signal relay)

It is on (when i remove and replace this relay finishes the tapping cycle)

It then tells me that i have
    defective pcb (output) or cr109

I know cr109 is ok
    The problem seems to be on the output section of this pcb
    There is 8no SN74273N OCTAL D-TYPE FLIP-FLOP(along with some resistors and led transistors)
    Could these be procesing the signals i need.

Hey Paddy, dont mess with that MSC 80 pcb yet. they are no longer available or nobody to repair them. I seem to remember from a long time ago I had a problem same as this about 10-11 years ago. I seem to remember it was a timing issue. Parameter related.I will try to get out a 6MB manual and try to jog my brains.I will get back to u then

Much Appreciated

Specify a dwell, say, P5000 in the G74/G84 block, and see if it helps.