588,340 active members*
5,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Here are a few pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4484.JPG   IMG_4486.JPG  

Thanks Claudio

Thank you Claudio for your warm welcome to us all and excellent hosting and catering, and your willingness to act as a contact for prospective new members and other interested parties. It's great to see the club is growing!

Thank you to everyone who attended too, remember this is our club, all of us own it, so it's up to us all personally as members to help pass the message on and invite others who may be able to learn or teach. CNC is a huge field with all kinds of applications, including many that we haven't thought of yet, and that won't ever be thought of unless the person who will think of the new idea, or ask the question that triggers the new idea, happens to be there to see and hear and talk about the possibilities.

Personally I learned a number of new and useful things on Saturday, and hope everyone else did as well. Thanks especially to the members who did more teaching than learning, it's wonderful for those of us who are new to the field to have access to your accumulated knowledge and expertise. At least three electronics experts (Andrew (the cheesecake master!), Rosco, and Zig) have joined the group--and I'm sure others as well, those are just the ones I spoke to--and I look forward to seeing the results of their collaborations with our existing and new machining experts and machine owners. A machine is just a bunch of parts, and a club is just a bunch of people - putting them together to work makes great things happen.

Congratulations especially to Chris on the physical realization of his lathe, which new members may not have realized went from a SolidWorks model on his laptop at the first meeting, to a box of parts at the second meeting, to a working reality at the third meeting - it can be done!

Also, I don't know if he mentioned this to anyone else but we had with us the artist who made the reverse-sandblasted life-size soldier picture that stands in the Gaythorne RSL (I couldn't find a picture unfortunately) - George Wolf, who also founded the Creative Glass Guild whose clubhouse is beside the Broncos Leagues Club. It's an amazing piece, and if George is reading this I'd like to encourage him if he is willing to post a photo and explain his methods for making it.

Now, we still need to sort out a definite location for the next meeting, which should be September 5. Anyone who has access to a hall or similar venue, or is willing to host at their own or someone else's home or workplace, please post the details. Exact address isn't required yet if it's someone's private house obviously - suburb would do fine.

Thanks to you Claudio for your hospitality. I'm sure everyone feels the same way. Gee it was great to have a chat with a bunch of people with a common interest. I'm looking forward to the next already. Appologies to those who may have been interested in the Rhino things I was going to show, but my 'puter wasn't happy...Maybe next time.
    Thanks again.
    cheers
    rosco