587,945 active members*
3,339 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 11 23456
    The hillyer is about 18" travel in the Z... X62" Y48"
    Overall height is about 10-11 ft.

The Mazak 5 needs weeding

One of Mazak's smallest, they are nice little machines, very well built.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by turmite View Post
    Pablo, read Mariss' statement real close.

Mike
    Well Mike, if this were a connect the dots game, I wish the 3rd party manufacturer is Bruce himself... time will tell...

Pablo

The Mazak 5 needs weeding
    LOL
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

[QUOTE=Al_The_Man;610463]The Mazak 5 needs weeding

I keep pruning hoping it will grow into a V7.5 but no luck as of yet......

Hello everyone!!!

Wow! Mariss is a class act, as always. Thank you for the kind words. Yes, anyone who heads down this path needs to have their head examined ... but passion for something you believe in keeps you moving forward :banana:

OK, status time.

1) We are still here and working non-stop. In this for the long haul. Been completely heads down.

2) We've been testing with a few select users installs for the new software. So far, so good. In this, we are targeting some of the most difficult machines we ran across first. ... baby steps.

3) There are new drivers specifically for the Intel and AMD 64 bit processors.

4) In the coming weeks, the website is going to be replaced ('Yeahs' from the FireFox crowd). The sole purpose is to create living documents that let us interact ... as close to a piece of paper as we've seen (yes, supports IE, FireFox, and Safari).

Not one for timelines, so here is the order of things:

1) Alpha installs (target trouble machines)
    2) Release full to Beta users
    3) Evaluate the software to determine if a production candidate ... user vote.
    4) Release Industrial Breakout board
    5) Evaluate the Industrial board and software combination is production worthy ... user vote.
    6) ... something very special .... a game changer for some

s/Bruce

I've been waching these threads for a while, I've decided im going to be going with CNC brain for my home built machine - I'll be placing my order within the next month or so

had almost decided against cncbrain - it seemed like the project had died

Just to chime in from a CNC owner who wants to be a user.

When I signed up to buy one I knew full well it is a first generation product, basically a beta test. I knew there will be bugs and holdups, there always are. As another self employed engineer I'm very realistic about that.

So even though my machine was electrically complete a month or so back it's still not working. This could be my fault, I don't know as I haven't had the time to get back to it. My brain could also have been damaged by following the wiring diagram which gecko sent me with my G250's. That resulted in 12v being fed into the brain for a short burst.

As a stop-gap I've ordered a simple breakout board which hopefully will get me up and running while Bruce sorts out the brain. When it does prove reliable I'll be an extremely happy camper.
    My X2 CNC Brain Build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61345
    Gecko G250 wiring errors: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68960

Hi Mariss,

In post 55 you mentioned the word "Soon". What is soon to you?:-)

Touchy subject when you are dealing with a 3rd-party. They have their goals and expectations, you have yours. What follows is a delicate dance that brings everyone's expectations and goals into line towards a common purpose. Everyone is nervous, everyone must be made comfortable so that they can all work together.

That's where it is right now. The answer is maybe never if someone bolts, maybe this fall if everything falls together as I'm hoping. This is not a technical thing. It is political.:-)

Mariss

Thanks for your reply.

I'm excited to see both the Brain and Gecko's possible new G540 running / released.

I know my 4x4 Hybrid would love to test out some new systems.
    Currently running 4x G203V

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by New2CNCPaul View Post
    I'm excited to see both the Brain and Gecko's possible new G540 running / released.

I know my 4x4 Hybrid would love to test out some new systems.
    Currently running 4x G203V

Paul
    Hi Paul.

Are you excited because you've seen this combination running or are you excited at the prospect of this potential combination?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Hi Paul.

Are you excited because you've seen this combination running or are you excited at the prospect of this potential combination?
    I'm excited at the prospect of having an operational system that won't require a PC.

Any new updates?

I'm interested to hear if anyone is up and running?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdiggler View Post
    Any new updates?

My Brain hasn't behaved properly since the gecko incident. I'm currently hooked up with a parrallel port breakout board.
    I'm not finished with the CNC Brain by any means, just got too many other things to do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdiggler View Post
    Any new updates?

My cncbrain it´s in a box...ten months waiting for the new driver.
    LPT port, smothsteper, G100... are more stable. I hope to see 1.0.6.4 version soon.

Hello, anyone running this yet?
    A very interesting concept with a few basics flaws in the logic, still seems like basic stepper motor stuff should be working by now.
    Is this gonna fall under "take the money and run". I hope not.
    Mariss has assured us this guy is the real deal.
    Bob
    You can always spot the pioneers -- They're the ones with the arrows in their backs.

I have this CncBrain for about a year now. Still not used it because it is not finished. They promised everything would run soon and software version 1.0.6.4 would be available soon. That was all about a year ago! :devious:

I think Bruce started a very interesting project. But by selling a few of these cncbrains I think he should have comitted himself to finish this brain as soon as possible.
    But he took some job and probably has no time anymore.
    I feel ripped off!

Anyone interested in buying it?

I actually forgot about cncbrain.....till I got email notification someone posted to this thread.
    Amazing.....no posts in a couple months...

I would be mad if I spent money too, and rightly so.
    Bad thing is, it will be tough for the 'next guy' that comes along with a great idea.....I will be automatically skeptical as will lots of others I am sure.

I've thrashed for a week straight, 12-14 hr days on a small gang tool hardinge cnc lathe retrofit. Should be complete and making chips in a day or two. Fagor 8025 control, which replaced an Omniturn (Omniturd) control.
    Yesterday ripped out the 1HP spindle motor and vari-speed belts/pulleys, and today, in goes a 5HP motor with micro-vee drive pulleys & belt. Well, that sounds too easy.....there's 12 hours work or so making new motor mounts, moving the motor location, etc.

I can't wait to make chips....

I couldn't wait for cncbrain...

Page 4 of 11 23456