587,518 active members*
3,334 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Post Help

Post Help

My company recently upgraded to version 9.1, as we all enjoy the simplicity of the software and want to avoid jumping to x3.

We used to have version 9.0 with everything running smoothly. I installed the 9.1 to a new dell precision to take advantage of its speed, and opening models and creating tool paths have been great so far.

The trouble I'm having is with that post processor. The majority of machines in our shop use fanuc controllers, so we use mpfan.pst. The trouble comes in when we create the .NC file. Although it is in the post, the date and time and program name are not being generated with the program. It starts straight at M5 and continues perfectly down from there. I even tried the generic mpfan that came with the 9.1, and have the same results. Along with that, each line has N0 in front of it, taking up a lot of space. I was wondering if this is a tweak in the post processor or a problem with Mastercam itself?

I would appreciate any help or support as we are not very skilled in the art of "post-processing".

Post a copy of YOUR mpfan.pst file, a bit of your old .nc files, a bit of the new .nc file, and an explaination of what EXACTLY you need changed, and I will try to fix your post with comments on what I changed.
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

Files

Attached are the files requested.
    The changes we need are:
    1. Remove the "N0" string from each line.
    2. Include program number, date, name and home position at the start of the program

With these changes the current output should look exactly as the old .tap file attached.

Thank you very much for your effort and time!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's what I've changed so far.
    Without a copy of your MC9 file, I have gone as far as I dare.
    I am pretty sure your SHOULDBETHIS.TAP file did NOT come from the MPFAN.PST file you sent.
    My apologies if it did.
    If you can send me a copy of your MC9 file, and your MILL9.CFG file, then PM me and I will send you an Email link to send it to.

***WARNING***
    ***WARNING***
    ***WARNING***

As with ANY and ALL modifications to a post processor, please be VERY careful when using it until you are ABSOLUTELY sure it does what you expect it to do.
    Without being able to see the resulting motions of your machine, I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CRASHES OF ANY KIND!!!

***WARNING***
    ***WARNING***
    ***WARNING***

Good Luck,
    Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

Here's what you can try... FIRST OFF make copies of your posts on both the old 9.0 and the 9.1 posts. The good thing about the MPFAN though is it's on the installation CDs.

Copy your old v9 post to the post folder of your new 9.1 install. Then run the CHOOK (alt+c) UpdatePST9.dll This small chook saved me THOUSANDS of dollars not having to buy a new post processor for my 5 axis post.

Give this a try and you might avoid manually changing the post file options.

pheader # SEARCH THIS IN YOUR POST
    #"(CRT-PROGRAM NAME -", progname, ")"
    # "(DATE, Day-Month-Year - ", date, " TIME, Hr:Min - ", time, ")"
    pinit
    !opcode, !coolant
    "%"
    "(V1-", progname, ")"
    ### "(POSTED ON, ", date, " TIME, Hr:Min - ", time, ")"
    progno

#ADD THIS CODE ALL DONE FOR DATES AND TIME.