587,112 active members*
3,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: MFGQuote.com

MFGQuote.com

First I'd lke to say hi to every one. I've lurked around for awhile and am finding some real usefull info here. What I'm wondering is, has anybody here had any success getting jobs from mfgquote.com. I'm thinking of regestering there, but it seems like a lot of money to waste if it's a scam. I don't want to waste a bunch of time quoting jobs against somebody doing work for .33 cents an hour in China! Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is two full pages of opinions from other forum members...

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...light=mfgquote
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks, Pretty much what I thought. Any more opinions would be appreciated. Especially, a success story if there is one.

I've talked to a couple different shops who used their software and they say it's almost impossible to make any profit back. The signup fee is steep, and you will get underpriced to the point where you can barely cover the material.
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

I paid their fee for one year and got a few jobs, I guess about break even. Its a lot of work quoting since the buyers can post for free. Dont worry about losing jobs to the 33 cents per hour shops. I am one of them, well ok $1 per hour. Most of the buyers are from the US and they want the projects to stay there.

are there any good sites for rfq for a small shop.

http://www.rfqwork.com
    Operated by the good folks at cnczone.com.

Anti MFGQuotes.com

If you find a good source for RFQ’s be sure to post it here!
    I think it would be tough for a competing site to go up against MFGQuote.com, due to the publishing side of the company, and the fact that they have such a large segment of the industrial/trade magazine market.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Pro
    If you find a good source for RFQ’s be sure to post it here!
    I think it would be tough for a competing site to go up against MFGQuote.com, due to the publishing side of the company, and the fact that they have such a large segment of the industrial/trade magazine market.
    That's true, but for the "hobby" community, the should find http://rfqwork.com to suite their needs, it may take a while but it will build a nice service at a low cost.

I have checked out rfqwork.com nice site but just getting going. almost anything has to be better than cold calling and knocking on doors.

RFQWork.com is outstanding, from my perspective anyway. I put a job out there on both (mfgquote and rfqwork) and so far the response from rfqwork has been much better. You guys should have done this along time ago. I have more to put on RFQwork as soon as this one gets done. THANKS!!!