587,998 active members*
1,452 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > DNC Problems and Solutions > Anilam 3300/5300 DNC errors and more (ethernet)

Question Anilam 3300/5300 DNC errors and more (ethernet)

We have a couple Fryer CNC machines here with Anilam 3300 and 5300 series controllers. We have a couple recurring problems and another question to ask regarding networking.

We just recently finally hooked the Fryer with Anilam 3300 up to a serial port to transfer programs and use DNC. We can transfer programs in full over the serial cable without any problems on both of these machines, but when we try to use DNC mode to transfer programs and run them, we invariably end up getting a glitch somewhere that makes the cutter crash. This happens with both controllers. If we transfer the programs fully before running, they are fine. But some of these programs can take upto 1-2 hours to transfer and the machine is idle during that time, which we can't afford. The problem seemed to very intermitent on the one machine and we had a service guy in here who could not find anything wrong. I'm pretty sure the programs in question do not call subprograms, so I don't think that is the problem. We are using the default serial port settings, 9600, 7E1, etc. No errors show up during normal transfers. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

My other question involves adding an ethernet card to these machines and bypassing serial communications alltogether. I found a pdf document on the internet about how to configure the IP settings on an Anilam 3000 controller, but our current controllers do not seem to have ethernet ports. I did notice on the one which I could open up (other one was busy) that there appears to be an empty slot which looks to be an old ISA type slot? Wondering if anyone has specs or info on what type of networking card we could use and how to set it up, etc?

TIA,
    Bob S.

This is just a hunch, but I wonder if there is maybe some electrical noise generated when the machine is cutting that isn't there when you transfer the full program and the machine is stopped.

That sounds like a reasonable possibility I didn't consider. Any ideas what we could do to test that or steps to eliminate the electrical noise?

071112-1651 EST USA

rschader:

Noise generated by the servos or spindle motors might very well be the cause. We have one customer that could not communicate at all in either direction when the servos were on. This was a HAAS machine. Other customers with various machines would have random errors that the I232 eliminated.

Our I232 Isolator System can probably solve this problem. Why are you using such a low baud rate? We can do 115.2 kbaud up to about 4000 ft.

Visit my web site www.beta-a2.com for information on the I232 and Noise and grounding.

There is no reason why drip feeding should give you issues via serial, but you can add this device and isolate any noise.

http://www.commfront.com/RS232-RS485...tor-7-wire.htm

They work wonders!

What software are you using to tranmit to the CNCs?
    What is the hardware / cabling you use?
    Greg Mercurio -Shop Floor Automations
    www.shopfloorautomations.com /619-461-4000

Noise problems and group loop problems is a potential problem. Serial isolation can clear these problems. There are basically two types of RS232 Converters a 3-Wire Isolator and 7-Wire Isolator. The 3 wire isolator isolates TX, RX and GND where the 7 wire Isolator isolates TX, RX, GND, CTS, RTS, DTR, and DSR. Although isolators typically operate at very low baud rates. http://www.serialcomm.com and http://www.rs232-converters.com offer an RS-232 isolator ISO-232-3P9 that operate up to 57,600 baud.

090921-2123 EST

kobe:

You should note in my much earlier post I indicated that our I232 Isolator System can provide communication at 115.2 kbaud up to 4000 ft.

DO YOU HAVE THE DISKET 3.5 LOPPY
    FOR THE CONTROL 3300
    I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE MACHINE
    FISRT WE THINK THAT THE PROBLEM WAS THE VOLTAGE
    BUT WE CHECK AND IT IS OK
    END I BOUGHT A DSP BOARD AND ISNT THE PROBLEM SHHH(1,000 DLLS)
    THE PROBLEM STILL
    END THEN WE REINSTL THE DISCKET CONFIG. AND THE MACHINE
    TEL ME THAT THE DISK HAVE AND A BAD ARCHIVE (CFG)
    IF YOU HAVE THE DISK ,COLD YOU CANT SENDMY
    OR HELP ME
    I HAVE A WORK ON THE MACHINE AND MY CLINTE IS MAD JAJA
    THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

HUMBERTO VARGAS MENDOZA
    MAQUINADOS Y DISEÑOS INDUSTRAILES