587,821 active members*
2,901 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Re enter parameters for FANUC 15 M control

Hybrid View

Smile Fanuc 15 Parameters

Thanks for that Bill, I'll try is and let you know how I go. Thanks for your help. Cheers, Ian.

Smile Fanuc 15 Parameters

Hello Bill, it worked! Thanks for your help. I have not entered all of the parameters yet, I will try to down load them to the controller instead of entering them directly. I have a hard copy, so do I type it in as per the printout? Thanks for all your time. Cheers, Ian.

The manuals will tell you the file format; if you load via the serial port, you don't have to enter the password for the options (different procedure). Also, don't bother with parameters that are zero- that's the default.
    Bill

Fanuc 15 Parameters

Hello Bill, I entered the rest of the parameters upto 9000. On my hard copy there were some 10000 parameters, but am not sure where to enter them. I enetered 4 axis into 9000. I have a fouth axis a brought a while ago, but have never used it, there is a servo drive in the cabinet but I don't have the 4th axis plugged in, so now it comes up with a SV015 and SV023 errors because it's not plugged in. Is there a parameter I can adjust to turn it off when it's not being used? I tried to adjust 9000, but is says that its locked. Any thoughts. Thanks for your help. Ian.

the 10000+ params are the pitch error comp.
    there are two ways.
    1: Turn the control on pressing - and . ; when you are in the IPL screen enter 99 , press INPUT,enter the first 8 digit group and press INPUT, next group and press INPUT, last group
    and press INPUT. The screen should now show:
    SYSTEM GENERATE
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL :PASS
    AXIS ?
    now enter 3 (param 9000) and press INPUT; you will see:
    OPTION 01 ? this is param 9100 : enter in hexadecimal and press INPUT
    OPTION 02 ? this is param 9101 : enter in hexadecimal and press INPUT
    etc. If you make a mistake, you must start all over.
    You may not have to reenter the params.
    2: save the params to a computer. Change the option or # of axes (P9000) and save in text format.
    Press "SETTING" soft key twice. This will give you the SETTINGS(SETTINGS) SCREEN.Press "PAGE UP" on the MDI keypad. This will bring up the 8000 parameter on the screen. Press "1" on the MDI keypad.
    Press soft key "ON:1". This turns ON all of the bits in the 8000 parameter, allowing the control to accept the options without a password.
    Press "LEFT ARROW" soft key and then press "SERVICE" soft key.
    Read the changed param file in. Turn the control off and on.
    Bill

Smile Fanuc 15M Parameters

Hi Bill, that worked a treat. I still have a few small problems which I think I can sort? One thing I'm not sure on is the Pulse Handle doesn't seem to work, is this likely to be a parameter issue. Thanks Bill for all your help. Cheers, Ian.

GREAT. MAYBE REGULAR PARAMS OR COULD BE PC-PARAMS (KEEPRELAYS?)
    Bill