587,884 active members*
3,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > RF45 Clone CNC Z axis question
Page 2 of 2 12
    Hey Pete:

I posted a video with the title “ZAY7045 (RF45 Clone) Max Z Rapid
    “. It shows the Hand crank engagement for CNC use. I was hoping to keep this mill and get rid of my Bridgeport if I can use it for manual machining. I bought the Zay back in 2005, took it apart before I ever turned it on and then remodeled my kitchen, remodeled by bathroom and built a shed and came back to it (this year). I don’t really need these speeds but it all started when I had an extra controller card lying around and I could find the other parts pretty cheap on ebay. I feel like I’ve been separated from the crowd because I can’t use Mach3 (at least without writing my own driver). In hindsight, I’d rather do what you did and use stepper motors. I’ve looked into the driver a little but I’ll need to upgrade my 600Mhz Dell. My software is really limited so I may end up writing my own control program but my first choice is Mach3.

It took a while to find a brake but I found an Ogura 24V. Recently I bought another spare motor that has an integral brake (price was right). Do you have an enclosure/flood coolant? I still have the control box and enclosure to build.

Take it easy

Quote Originally Posted by davo727 View Post
    If you guys both know that its obvious some added detail in a reply doesnt really apply but maybe that item still has some general educational value why dont you just let it slide instead of arguing about it?

Im 42 years old and It seems like a more laid back mature method of discussion here at cnczone would be helpful.
    Gee, sounds like your doing the exact same thing in your post. Seriously?

So you think me asking guys not to argue is argueing? Yep any comment here is a complete no win situation. Sorry I will put you on ignore and will not interupt you guys junior high discussions again.

Quote Originally Posted by davo727 View Post
    So you think me asking guys not to argue is argueing? Yep any comment here is a complete no win situation. Sorry I will put you on ignore and will not interupt you guys junior high discussions again.
    You posted about being mature, laid back and letting things slide and yet you did none of those things. I found it ironic and humorous so I replied as such. Additionally both Jalessi and I actually contributed to the post with relevant information, you however....did not. Finally, there is nothing more "Junior High" than name calling in a discussion. It would benefit everyone if people could focus on the facts of a discussion and leave the name calling to lesser men. I'll let you choose which path to follow.

i've purchased 2 servos for x an y axis. Servos made by ElectroCraft, model E240.

* 0.22 Nm (32oz-in)Stall Torque
    * 1.7 Nm (240oz-in)Peak Torque
    * 3.1 Amps Stall Current
    * 24.5 Peak Current
    * 4700 RPM Max Speed
    * 48 VDC Max Voltage
    * 1.1 kg Weight
    * 4.5 kg Radial Load
    * 2.3 kg Axial Load
    * 7.8 v/kRPM Voltage Const

is it good idea to drive x and y axis with such servos? i consider 1:3 or 1:4 pulley ratio.

also i found bigger servo i consider to drive z axis. Manofacturedby Aerotech, 1000dc series, model 1210-01-1601-03. It has 3000rpm, 210oz-in stall torque, 1000oz-in peak torque, Nema42 sized. Pretty heavy - 5kg. Is it strong enough for z axis?
    What timing pulley ratio will be the best?
    below link with this motor scpecs (model 1210):
    http://www.aerotech.com/products/motors/1000specs.html

all axises have a Boschrexroth ballscrews - 25mm dia and 10mm pitch!!! note the pitch. I know that 5mm (approx. 5tpi) would be the best but i can't find such screws for resonable price. I can get 570mm long, 25mm dia and 10mm pitch ballscrew for about US$55. is it good price?

please tell me if these motors will be fine for my zay7045 with 10mm pitch ballscrews

NEED HELP

i have destroyed parameter of CNC machine due to fluctuate of power suplly,

Model: Vturn-16
    serious no : MA-2148
    CNC system: fanuce O-tc
    manufacture date: 1995

i want his parameters so please send me through e-mail

1: parameter
    2: diagnostic parameter &
    3: spindle servo unit peremeter

please contact me early as possilble
    +34456224711