587,997 active members*
1,666 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas tm2 greasing

When i grease the tm2 grease comes out of the seals on the left side of y axis rails but nothing comes out of the seals on the right side rails, is there a way of making sure that the right side is getting any grease.

OK, this is a stupid question but, is that rail getting greasy after you move it back & forth? My TL-1 has displayed the same symptom but, the other rail always shows a film of grease after I move it a bit.
    Greg

greasing tm2

The left side looks to have a plenty of grease but the right side looks very border line, just gives me the impression that as i pump the grease in it just comes out of the left side trucks and non or next to non is getting to the right side, thinking of fixing the two right side grease pipes to there own grease nipple.

my haas has four grease nipples on it,doesnt yours?

haas tm2 greasing

Yes it has four grease nipples for x and y and another two for z, but it looks like the sytem is not balanced or the pipes to the right hand side could be blocked up.

one of the first things i did when i got my tm1 was take off the motor cover and reroute and put a new grease nipple in on the far side now i grease the right side left side and the ballscrew haas sead i dint have to do this but better safe then sorry cost about 5 or ten bucks i can remember it was 8 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by axis View Post
    one of the first things i did when i got my tm1 was take off the motor cover and reroute and put a new grease nipple in on the far side now i grease the right side left side and the ballscrew haas sead i dint have to do this but better safe then sorry cost about 5 or ten bucks i can remember it was 8 years ago
    Yes axis i have put extra grease nipples in the right side and now feel alot better that a little grease can be seen.