587,833 active members*
3,296 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

I know everything you need to know about this machine... I've worked for Mori direct, distributors of Mori and as a sub contractor for customers with Mori equipment. I use Esprit cam for 95% of my mill/turn projects and CAPS for the small, simple stuff. If you need any help with the machine, let me know. It's pretty easy, actually. get familiar with the CAPS conversational... it'll help in a pinch and for a conversational control its pretty damn powerful.

By the way... it's not a 5 axis if it has a lower turret and second spindle... it's 9

Quote Originally Posted by the thrill View Post
    I know everything you need to know about this machine... I've worked for Mori direct, distributors of Mori and as a sub contractor for customers with Mori equipment. I use Esprit cam for 95% of my mill/turn projects and CAPS for the small, simple stuff. If you need any help with the machine, let me know. It's pretty easy, actually. get familiar with the CAPS conversational... it'll help in a pinch and for a conversational control its pretty damn powerful.

By the way... it's not a 5 axis if it has a lower turret and second spindle... it's 9
    thanks for the correction on the number of axis
    am sure at some point i will use your help. are you local?
    as of last friday we started taking delivery of our machining fixtures, so come next week we will be in motion with these equipment.
    i have done conversational (mazatrol) and CAPS is very similar, just a little long winded if you ask me, but besides that is pretty much the same.
    i like conversational much better than G code. for the most part i think i will be using it. my parts are pretty simple, i just have to get used to the "9 axis"
    we are looking at Esprit too.
    we currently use Master Cam (X4) but they are offering no support for this machines post, they tell me they have to create a post. i think is a bunch of **** really, i know for a fact that this is not the first time they know about this machine. i asked them for a sample code of a turned dia and face.
    they said that they would not do it without a PO.
    so am looking at Esprit.
    any such experience with master crap i mean cam

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelferrum07 View Post
    thanks for the correction on the number of axis
    am sure at some point i will use your help. are you local?
    as of last friday we started taking delivery of our machining fixtures, so come next week we will be in motion with these equipment.
    i have done conversational (mazatrol) and CAPS is very similar, just a little long winded if you ask me, but besides that is pretty much the same.
    i like conversational much better than G code. for the most part i think i will be using it. my parts are pretty simple, i just have to get used to the "9 axis"
    we are looking at Esprit too.
    we currently use Master Cam (X4) but they are offering no support for this machines post, they tell me they have to create a post. i think is a bunch of **** really, i know for a fact that this is not the first time they know about this machine. i asked them for a sample code of a turned dia and face.
    they said that they would not do it without a PO.
    so am looking at Esprit.
    any such experience with master crap i mean cam

I live in New Jersey. If I were still doing the independent contractor gig I'd offer to come out and assist with some projects but I got sick of having to sue people to get paid so I'm back to working the daily grind :rainfro:. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, though. I haven't used mastercramp very much and the last version I used was 9.1 but I've used esprit extensively... it's decent software and the guys at DP are pretty awesome. It could use a little more power in the sketcher and solid modeler but they only intended it to be used for drawing basic extension lines and simple models for fixtures, really. It plays well with solidworks and a few other cad packages so if you make a model change in solidworks, inventor and solid edge it will automatically update the model and the tool paths for you which is cool. the newest version, 2010, has a lot of great functionality to it and a lot of much needed updates... i'd ask for a demo from your local rep. It's a little trying at first but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by the thrill View Post
    I live in New Jersey. If I were still doing the independent contractor gig I'd offer to come out and assist with some projects but I got sick of having to sue people to get paid so I'm back to working the daily grind :rainfro:. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, though. I haven't used mastercramp very much and the last version I used was 9.1 but I've used esprit extensively... it's decent software and the guys at DP are pretty awesome. It could use a little more power in the sketcher and solid modeler but they only intended it to be used for drawing basic extension lines and simple models for fixtures, really. It plays well with solidworks and a few other cad packages so if you make a model change in solidworks, inventor and solid edge it will automatically update the model and the tool paths for you which is cool. the newest version, 2010, has a lot of great functionality to it and a lot of much needed updates... i'd ask for a demo from your local rep. It's a little trying at first but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty powerful.

right on
    i already have the demo from Esprit and will evaluate on monday
    if we go that route and i think we will, i will take the crash course they offer.
    am decent with lots of cad packages so this one should not be a big issue for me, i'll keep you posted on how it goes.

thanks