587,659 active members*
3,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 6 3456

Smile

Hello Dave,

I recently did a F15 fighter and a Beretta pistol

Do you have (and can you put it here?) a picture of the F15?

Thanks,
    Pierke

jcut 4060

Hi everyone,

I discovered this forum today and I read this post with excitement.

I want to buy the JCUT 4060 co2 laser cutter and your conversation really helped me on this matter. (my English are too bad forgive me)

I am making musical instruments in Greece and I want to cut my wooden inlays with this laser cutter.
    I usually cut veneer of 0,5mm - 2mm.
    I am a computers engineer myself but I never had a laser cutter before.

I would like to ask (Mike F) if everything is ok with jcut laser machine.
    Is it too difficult to set up and calibrate?

My concern is about the burning of wood during cutting.

Thanks in advance !! I am very happy that I found this discussion !

:wave:

Hi Neoman1,

I have to say that I am very pleased with the JCUT 4060. The build quality is very good indeed. One inevitable problem with lasers is the setting up of the beam. You have to be quite patient and be prepared to spend a lot of time doing it correctly. However, it only has to be done once each time the laser tube in renewed - though it would probably be worth checking every now and again.

I have not cut a great deal of wood but do know it copes quite happily with 1.5mm birch ply. There is some charring on the edges but this is only on the vertical edge but you may get a little smoke damage on the surface that is easily cleaned off with a little glass paper. The cuts are super accurate and the machine should be ideal for inlays. I do believe that veneer will cut much more easily than birch ply as one of the problems with the ply is the glue layers.

I did have a problem when cutting the ply that nearly ended with a fire It was my fault but did go to show how important the air assist is. If possible, you need quite a blow. It aids the cut tremendously and without it, I had to clean the lens after every cut. Interestingly, JCUT do not advertise their machine as having air assist but it does - and am I glad

I have no hesitation at recommending the JCUT4060 but don't expect too much communication with JCUT once you have the machine. Having said that, Mandy has been very good and replies to nearly all the emails but she cannot deal with technical problems - not that I have had any.

I hope this helps,

Mike

Hello Mike

I would like to buy a machine for cutting textile fabrics only..When i went thru J-Cut website,I found a machine JCUT-6090 with a 600m x 900mm working area. I think this model would be ideal for me. But is the company trustworthy and how durable is the machine. About the price - is it close to the competition?

regards,
    Karthik

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dynamic-laser View Post
    I would like to buy a machine for cutting textile fabrics only...JCUT-6090 with a 600m x 900mm working area.
    It might be a good idea, if you intend to cut fabric from rolls (rather than pre-cut pieces) to confirm the maximum width that will go through the pass-through door at the back.
    While the 6090 will (presumably) cut a *sheet* that size, you may well find that if you want to work from a roll, feeding it in from the back, it will only accept 600mm wide or less - that's what my 6090 is like.

My 2c
    Bob

Hi Karthik,

My JCUT 4060 is extremely well made and robust and I would recommend it highly. However, having bought it direct from China, I don't yet know what the after sales service is going to be like. Having said that, I have had no problems yet

There is a pass through panel at the back of the machine so it will be possible to feed a roll of material through. My machine will only accept material that is 600mm wide, as Bob has already suggested. The Y axis rails prevent anything wider than 700mm from being placed on the bed though only 600mm can be cut. Presumably the JCUT6090 will accept material 900mm wide.

It is always a gamble buying direct from China as there are a multitude of companies offering very similar products at very varied prices and it is very difficult to get specific details from them. One of my tactics was to email a number of companies and study the detail of their responses. I eventually narrowed it down to just a couple of companies from which I chose JCUT. My experience in dealing with them and getting the machine delivered has been good and they did provide everything that was required.

So far, so good,

Mike

Smile Plastic sheets

Hi guys,

I finally ordered the gweike LG900N with a lot of extras. The communication with Cici was excellent! But, I have a basic issue: where can I find plastic sheets compatible with laser cutters (I heard that you cannot cut all kinds of plastic sheets like pvc etc.)?

Do you know which plastic sheets I will be able to cut?
    And do you have any sources for purchasing plastic sheets for decoration?

I am making bouzouki instruments (musical instrument like guitar) in Greece (pardon my writing). And I need to find sheets like these:

Thanks in advance

Hi,
    we had a nice job cutting some thousand spoons out of a similar material. (See picture)
    The manufacturer of these sheets is in Italy. I will try to find out their address and post it here.

Good luck with your wklaser machine! We run a LC1280 from GWeike and it´s doing a great job. It´s one and a half year old now and still runs on the first laser tube. Cast acrylic sheets (PMMA) are best for cutting, extruded acrylic is also fine but edges are not perfect as with cast sheet. Polystyrene gives bad edge quality but you can cut it. Don´t try to cut anything containing PVC. It will work but the vapor is really harmful.

Cheers

Stephan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bild108-51-Joghurtloeffel.gif  

Quote Originally Posted by dynamic-laser View Post
    Hello Mike

I would like to buy a machine for cutting textile fabrics only..When i went thru J-Cut website,I found a machine JCUT-6090 with a 600m x 900mm working area. I think this model would be ideal for me. But is the company trustworthy and how durable is the machine. About the price - is it close to the competition?

regards,
    Karthik
    maybe so long time,but if you find your ideal laser machine? or bought JCUT laser already?

Quote Originally Posted by smoe View Post
    Hi,
    we had a nice job cutting some thousand spoons out of a similar material. (See picture)
    The manufacturer of these sheets is in Italy. I will try to find out their address and post it here.

Good luck with your wklaser machine! We run a LC1280 from GWeike and it´s doing a great job. It´s one and a half year old now and still runs on the first laser tube. Cast acrylic sheets (PMMA) are best for cutting, extruded acrylic is also fine but edges are not perfect as with cast sheet. Polystyrene gives bad edge quality but you can cut it. Don´t try to cut anything containing PVC. It will work but the vapor is really harmful.

Cheers

Stephan
    hi stephan, yes,you are right Cast acrylic sheets (PMMA) are best for cutting, extruded acrylic is also fine but edges are not perfect as with cast sheet.about cutting PVC,why not choose one heap filter with laser machine,then the air will become pure.and its better for human
    you may contact whom you bought from one and half year before.

best regards,
    tina([email protected])

Tina, your advice laser cut PVC with HEPA filter do not looks professional

Agreed 100%.

A HEPA filter will not make it safe to cut PVC.

It only removes particulates and has no effect on the Chlorine gas (or hydrogen chloride).

An 'Activated Charcoal' filter would help but I still wouldn't recommend it as you'll destroy the machine very quickly.

Zax.

Quote Originally Posted by Litografa View Post
    Tina, your advice laser cut PVC with HEPA filter do not looks professional

Quote Originally Posted by zax15uk View Post
    Agreed 100%.

A HEPA filter will not make it safe to cut PVC.

It only removes particulates and has no effect on the Chlorine gas (or hydrogen chloride).

An 'Activated Charcoal' filter would help but I still wouldn't recommend it as you'll destroy the machine very quickly.

Zax.
    our laser filter has three layer,filter bag,heap filter,active carbon.so when the pullotion air go through the filter,it will be pure by three steps
    if you have interests to see the spec of this filter,i would like to send you by mail

Here is pictures of laser which cut PVC only 4 days with TBH three step filter Laser operator work all time in special mask
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PVC Smert laseru 1.jpg   PVC smert laseryu 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Litografa View Post
    Here is pictures of laser which cut PVC only 4 days with TBH three step filter Laser operator work all time in special mask
    oh,god,see your machine,its so rusty.
    this is not the problem of filter,because when you cut PVC,it will erode the machine.so if you cut pvc for long time,your machine will get over very soon

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wktina View Post
    our laser filter has three layer,filter bag,heap filter,active carbon.so when the pullotion air go through the filter,it will be pure by three steps
    if you have interests to see the spec of this filter,i would like to send you by mail
    How does it handle Hydrochloric acid in the form of a mist?
    How about Chlorine (deadly poison gas)?

Here's what Wiki has to say (in part) about PVC + heat:

"In a fire, PVC-coated wires can form HCl fumes; the chlorine serves to scavenge free radicals and is the source of the material's fire retardance. While HCl fumes can also pose a health hazard in their own right, HCl dissolves in moisture and breaks down onto surfaces, particularly in areas where the air is cool enough to breathe, and is not available for inhalation"

Here's another Wiki entry for HCI:

"The compound hydrogen chloride has the formula HCl. At room temperature, it is a colorless gas, which forms white fumes of hydrochloric acid upon contact with atmospheric humidity"

About 57% of PVC is the deadly poison gas Chlorine - when PVC is heated sufficiently, this is released as hydrogen chloride and in contact with the moisture in the air, forms Hydrochloric acid - which immediately attacks any metal in the vicinity and eats it away: metal parts of the machine are dissolved away/turn to rust, almost before your eyes - that's if you're still standing to see it...

See the photos posted by Litografa.

Quote Originally Posted by wktina View Post
    oh,god,see your machine,its so rusty.
    this is not the problem of filter,because when you cut PVC,it will erode the machine.so if you cut pvc for long time,your machine will get over very soon
    WKTina,

Isn't that the point - cutting PVC is a very bad idea!

It can be done with very specialized equipment but requires a Nitrogen atmosphere, plastic fume extraction system and activated charcoal filter or acid scrubber.

Your 3-stage filter is good for removing particulates and odor but it is not going to protect the operator or machine from Chlorine gas and the resulting problems as demonstrated by Litografa example.

Zax.

Dear Linda from Beijing Kemingweiye Technology,
    What is YOUR opinion about possibility of cutting PVC with laser?

Great answer My answer is attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0087.jpg  

Smile LG900

I have bought the LG900N laser cutter/engraver from Gweike and I am waiting for the shippment to arrive at february 15. I bought almost all the extras (filter, chill unit, and many more) .

I understand that I should never cut PVC or Teflon plastics! I suppose that I can cut celluloids. I will get back to this post as soon as the laser arrives.

Page 5 of 6 3456