587,880 active members*
4,061 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 44 of 45 3442434445
    Eric, could you remind us how to find your eBay storefront?

Thanks,

BW
    Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
    http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Search for "WidgitMaster Plans" Bob!

Eric, do you plan to put up pdf(or dxf) plans on ebay for "immediate" delivery?

Would be interested in those.

x

Mini Mill & limit switches

Are there any pics that folks have posted that explicitly show limit switch mounting on the Mini Mill?

I'm having a hard time getting the upper Z limit switch and one side Y limit switch not to interfere with each other.

Any suggestions welcome, as I'm feeling that I'm having a dumb blond moment:0

Lukas

Well it's not the mini, but on my wide I used photo interrupters and mounted them like you see in the photo

The Y on shows up in the lower left of the photo and on the front left corner of the machine. I'm holding it in place with double sided tape onot the mounting support/wing. The metal "interrupter" is mounted to the left gantry support with double tape.

The X is double taped to the backside of the gantry and the interrupter is taped to the back of the X/Z carriage block.

I don't bother with limit switches nor a home for the Z.

Jay

Thanks - I have photo interrupters that I could use - they are more flexible that mechanical switches to mount. Have you had problems with dust blocking them?

Lukas

I used reed switches. Worked quite well too. I ended up removing them at a later stage, as I kept having trouble with the bearings and messed up the wiring when pulling it apart a few times. Never bother to put them back... I don't need them anymore. But I had originally planned to make up some IR just for the Z-axis.

http://www.eclipze.com.au/cnc/reed_switches_01.jpg

http://www.eclipze.com.au/cnc/reed_switches_02.jpg

http://www.eclipze.com.au/cnc/reed_switches_03.jpg

http://www.eclipze.com.au/cnc/Z_Axis...t_Switches.jpg

BTW... I'd add these pics as an attachment, however the file upload function hasn't been working for me. Advised a moderator yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by lukaslouw View Post
    Thanks - I have photo interrupters that I could use - they are more flexible that mechanical switches to mount. Have you had problems with dust blocking them?

Lukas
    Nope, never. The dust show helps, but the dust never builds up that much when I'm not using a vacuum, and in this situation it would have to be several inches deep

Yea the heck with limit switches, real men don't need them anyways.......

Quote Originally Posted by lukaslouw View Post
    Yea the heck with limit switches, real men don't need them anyways.......
    Well for me, I always draw parts within the maximum table sized rectangle with a .25" safe zone. I tried limits on my X2, it was annoying

Mini for sale

Hi Guys,
    I have a Mini set up with Vexta motors and drives and a Dremel. It hasn't been used much, maybe 20 hours run time routing PC boards and engraving acrylic.
    It is a wonderful little machine, but since I got my Midi it has been sitting on the shelf. Money is tight and I need to sell it.
    E-Mail me at [email protected] if interested.
    Jim McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by chuck99z28 View Post
    I think the wolfgang spindle and the wedgemaster machine seem to be a match made in heaven. I'm doing 12 mil traces, and working towards 8 mils now.

I'm actually considering a larger Widgemaster machine, if they're still being made.

Ok, I'm now doing 4 mil traces, with a mini router, Wolfgang spindle and a vacuum table. This is with LPKF bits and a slow x and y axis to avoid galling the copper.

Ok, I'm now doing 4 mil traces, with a mini router, Wolfgang spindle and a vacuum table. This is with LPKF bits and a slow x and y axis to avoid galling the copper.
    Videos and photos please

I try to keep things bigger so I can solder them by hand myself.

Ok, I'm now doing 4 mil traces

Getting consistent depth for trace width is hard enough with just achieving 8mil. I couldn't imagine aiming at 4mil tracks. Usually 6mil is the practical limit for reliable etching at the board manufacturers.

Nice job!!

I am thinking of making my own CNC 3 axis router.... But i am confused with some plans i have..

Your work is amazing! I will try understand many things from your project.

Quote Originally Posted by val_mike View Post
    I am thinking of making my own CNC 3 axis router.... But i am confused with some plans i have..

Your work is amazing! I will try understand many things from your project.
    Here is one i designed in turbocad turbo cad v 15 professional

I am about to begin my project!!!
    I will try construct my cnc, based on some plans i found on the web....

I prefer a cnc made of aluminium but it will be too expensive.
    Probably i'll make it using wood... :-(

And i am looking for used machinery and electronics, as it is my first i will use it as an experiment for further development... If you know anyone who wants to sell his equipment please tell me!

Beautiful machine! All done in aluminum as well. There is something about these hobby machines made from wood that is just not right. Have you ever thought about making a business of selling these?

Page 44 of 45 3442434445