588,066 active members*
4,835 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Artcam 2008

Page 3 of 5 12345
    Hello.

Does someone know how i fix the problem at the post #38?

Robert.
    My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
    If you see on the picture below, you see trough the material where the tool has milled. On my artcam it doesn`t show the white color there the tool milled, but the same color as the material.. Why?, i have same, or more cut depth than the tickness of the material...

Robert.
    Most likely because your material is thicker than the total depth of cut. Check your Material setup and the total depth on your profile toolpath.

The best way is to deal with the Artcam reseller in your locality.. Also watch the Videos and post the same in artcam forum..I hope you will get speed up your learning curve..
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jay C View Post
    Most likely because your material is thicker than the total depth of cut. Check your Material setup and the total depth on your profile toolpath.
    No, i have tryed that. To cut deeper than the material thikness.

Robert.
    My second homebuilt cnc machine cnczone.com/forums/norwegian_club_house/123977-ombygget_cnc_-_gecko_540_a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
    The best way is to deal with the Artcam reseller in your locality.. Also watch the Videos and post the same in artcam forum..I hope you will get speed up your learning curve..
    Hello, i see the videos, and learn things to!

Robert.

Ok, what version is your ArtCAM, maybe they are showing a newer version in the videos. I use what I see in the videos to do somethings in Cut2D.

I use Artcam 2008

Robert.

Can i see how much time i have to run the g-code?

Robert.

Once you have created your toolpaths, click: Toolpath Operations > Toolpath Summary. It will show the estimated time needed to finish the toolpaths. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Toolpath Summary.jpg  

Yeah it helps! Thank you.

Robert.

Found more videos: here

Hello, can i program a A-axis in artcam?

Robert.

does so out there have artcam that can anwser a question for me. i downloaded a file STL from cnc4free when i open it in artcam i can't do nothing with it like move it and i can't see it as a vector to move it. can some one help he please

Quote Originally Posted by electric2u View Post
    does so out there have artcam that can anwser a question for me. i downloaded a file STL from cnc4free when i open it in artcam i can't do nothing with it like move it and i can't see it as a vector to move it. can some one help he please
    First, correct sentence formation will help others understand what you are asking:

Does someone out there....

On to your question, an STL file is NOT a vector, so you will not see it as one, you will not see it in the 2D view at all. You will see it in the 3D view however. When you import the STL, you can rotate it and translate it wherever you want, then when you click "paste" (I think thats what its called) it will actually paste the model into your workspace. Then you can only machine it using 3D toolpaths (machine relief, etc.) I have found artcam to be somewhat limited in its ability to work with 3D models, depending on what you are trying to do, it may or may not be adequate.

Good Luck
    Matt

Hello, can i set a colour on the "milled" area?
    Also, i see i can do many changes on my material, (wood, brushed silver.....) But can i set a black color, there i have milled vit a v-bit for example? so i get the text more out

Hope you understand..

Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
    Hello, can i set a colour on the "milled" area?
    Also, i see i can do many changes on my material, (wood, brushed silver.....) But can i set a black color, there i have milled vit a v-bit for example? so i get the text more out

Hope you understand..

Robert.
    Let me see if i understend...hmmmm....you cand use the "colour shade"... i will explain how it's work. you need to put colour in 2d mod on vector's you want and and in 3d mod activate the "colour shade". i'm attaching a photo the button in the read circle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg  

Hello, thanx for answer.

I mean that i get it dark "shadowed" or painted like the example under.

Robert.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Example.jpg  

Hi. I am fairly new to artcam 2008 and i have a recessed feature problem.
    I followed the steps in the tutorial but i am having a hard time in the recessed feature tutorial b/c i can't find the 'Create' button w/c should be nearby.
    Hoping for your kind consideration in detailing my mistake/s.
    Thank You.

What does w/c mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay C View Post
    What does w/c mean?
    w/c is short for which sir. and b/c is short for because.
    Might you know where i made a mistake?
    Btw, i'm using artcam 2008.

Page 3 of 5 12345