587,853 active members*
3,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD license help
Page 1 of 2 12

BobCAD license help

Will someone with a licensed copy of BobCAD V23, who is able to generate 3D toolpath, please look under the "help" menu and open your "License" option and tell me if any of the checks under "Other" are ticked?

If that is too confusing will someone with a licensed copy of BobCAD V23 please PM me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Leonard

on my licensed copy nothing is checked off under other

My copy has the other checked at level 1
    I have mill pro with predator emulation.

GeneK

I have level 1 and 3 checked in other, I also have hsp.
    Has anyone had any z-level/equidistant offset problems since the new update (1595) ? I seem to be having all kinds of problems with tool-path generation causing crashes and lockups- never happened before.

gadget

Gadget,

I can't do any 3D toolpaths, I'm on build 1595. I'm having a fit with BobCAD. They upgraded me to pro and then told me pro has issues and wont work for me. They want me to go back to standard. I don't know about these guys.

Eurolenny,

I think there is a maj. problem with the latest update. I have some older files (2-3 mos) that i re-visited and cant get anywhere with z-or eq. I think interfacial (cam generator) is the problem because i can still draw 2-3d with no problems, just cant cut. Also takes a long,long time to generate any 3d path (if it doesn't crash first). Think I'm going back to update 1478 and see how it works, I need to get these files finished. don't switch to standard- pro has (had) better cam paths options.

Gadget

update

Eurolenny,
    i un-installed bbcd, re-installed and updated to version 23.01431465 (update 1465) and the 3d toolpaths are working again. if you don't have that update saved anywhere ill e-mail it to you to try.

gadget

update

Gadget,

You have PM

file load

Uploading as we type,

i also tried changing the parametersfor z- & eq offset (in build1595) but was unsuccessful ..

so far (past 40 min) i was able to complete the toolpaths i have been working on without bobcad crashing. I'll stick with this update untill they get the bugs out or give us new proceedures for using the 3d cam features.

Gadget

I'll give it a try when it come through.

had trouble uploading this file, go to this link,http://www.fileswap.com/share/71afce...pdate.exe.html, and see if it works.

gadget

All of the updates are still located on the BobCad Updates site. For instance:

http://www.bobcad.com/updates/BobCAD...65)_Update.exe

I would want to be sure any executable I was downloading was from the proper source.

Also remember that this is an UPDATE. It is not a full installation. You will want to install from your original full source installation, then run the update against that.

Try Build 1493, has been very stable, no known problems.

http://www.bobcad.com/updates/BobCAD...493)Update.exe

Don`t run it from the site, download to a folder on your PC and install from there.

If you already have 1595 then you will need to uninstall that first before you run the Build 1493 install.

Gadget,

Can you post a file that works in build 1493 but not in 1595?. I would like to see what is happening there. There weren't any changes to the 3D toolpaths between versions, other than fixing some errors generated by broken toolpaths. If you need to email it to me outside of the forum, I can PM you with my email, but I would like to see what exactly is happening.

Regards

updates

understandably concerned about the files, this seemed to be (to me ) the only way to get the file - if you go directly to bobcad updates the file isn't listed, only the latest for v23.(did I miss the link?) Because I was trying to actually help someone here on our forum I also found several sites that host storage files that are too large to e-mail-hence the link I posted on my reply.
    I just happen to have saved all the updates for v22/v23 since I started using this software-sometimes it pays off.

Gadget

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Gadget,

Can you post a file that works in build 1493 but not in 1595?. I would like to see what is happening there. There weren't any changes to the 3D toolpaths between versions, other than fixing some errors generated by broken toolpaths. If you need to email it to me outside of the forum, I can PM you with my email, but I would like to see what exactly is happening.

Regards
    I can send a file, should i pu it on the upload site?, or in here somewhere?

Gadget

I just PM'ed you my email address. You can send it there. let me have a look and I will post back here today.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by gadget47 View Post
    understandably concerned about the files, this seemed to be (to me ) the only way to get the file - if you go directly to bobcad updates the file isn't listed, only the latest for v23.(did I miss the link?) Because I was trying to actually help someone here on our forum....
    Gadget,
    All the updates still reside on the updates server. Since you have the old updates you downloaded, you will "know the name" of the file. If you go to the updates site and note/copy the target link of the new build, then just change the name of the executable on the end, to the build you are looking for, it will download that file.

An executable on a shared site may not be as original and intact. I dont mean YOU Gadget, and your helping others, more just a "best practice" to keep in mind. A bad habit to start getting executables from these types of sites.

More just FYI.

Good luck.

..bad habits

Thanks for the info, I can see where the files could be vulnerable to tampering-it was fun while it lasted. hopefully Eurolenny got the files and they work.

Gadget

lockups and crashes..

Ok, so after several hours of hair pulling and questions about the software and z-process i still am puzzled. i removed the last update -1595- from 2 of 3 machines that have bbcdv23pro. 1 machine runs xp pro, the other w7u -64 bit.I re-installed v23pro disc then 1465 update (ran ok on both) then tonight spent 2 hrs finishing a gearset (after installing 1493 on xppro comp) that would not work w/1595 update. Success ! I dont know what happened and i'm going to load the work file onto the w7 computer tomorrow and run the toolpath process-see if it does it. I'm also going to run it on the computer that is fine (of all things it's running vista home p 32bit), and also has 1595 update installed. Maybe something is amis in an OS? One thing i did do tonight that ididnt do yesterday was delete the toolpath option i was encountering problems with and re-select it. (i had the predator sim cutting the gear from the -z-under the work- instead of the top-that never happened before) and then it worked.
    I've been using the z-and eqd toolpaths with little to no problems and have even cut this gearset (6 times) from the g-code prior to these problems. right now-for me-1595 is not an option to install.

hope some explanation is found.

Gadget

Page 1 of 2 12