588,525 active members*
4,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Sticker Prices On Truck Windows

Sticker Prices On Truck Windows

Hey guys,

I have a dumb question, but I must start off with what leads up to the question. After dinner this evening, me and my wife went to look at new trucks. I didn't see what I wanted in the front so i started looking at the trucks on the back row. One truck caught my eye. I walked up to it and started reading the sticker. The large sticker that lists all of the options and such stated the price was low 30's. The little sticker on the right hand side of the big sticker that lists additional options and the final price stated LOW 20's. Low like $21,000. Isn't customary that if a dealer screws up on a sticker the price should be honored. The way i read the sticker is that the final price of the truck is $21,000.00. What do my frugal brothers in the Zone think about this?

If you really want a new truck, run-don't walk. There loss-your gain as I see it. As long as it read FINAL PRICE: $21,000 they are obligated to give it to you for that. If they refuse to, start to make a stink or a scene, say that you will go to the news, they hate that kind of publicity. What have you got to lose. Heck, I do it all the time at Home Depot and Lowes, just look for those yellow mark down tags.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

2MUCHSTUFF,

I like the way you think. If I wasn't so lazy, I could have taken a picture of the sticker to post. Maybe more tight than lazy!!

I sure hope the next time the Haas rep is at the shop he slips up like that.

I admit that I can be tight but every so often you come across a deal that you just can't pass up. Am I too tight or do I like the feeling that I get when I've crawlled thru and over piles of scrap to get that one part that is needed to get me further along in the construction of a cnc router

Now I can't sleep. i have to figure how to take $5,000.00 worth of stereo gear from one truck and put it in another. The last time I did this, it took 1 1/2 months, 15 cases of Bud Light, 2 bottles of Aleve and a sledge hammer. I probably should just keep old faithful. There was the thought of emptying 4 or 5 30 rd magazines from my AR-15 on the truck and the stereo and telling the insurance company Colombian drug lords used it for target practice. (nuts)

How's this for a deal. A few years ago I went into Wal-Mart to buy an electric hedge trimmer, they are out of them. So I go across the parking lot to the Builders Square II store, they have the same exact model that I want ( a few dollars more). I take it up to the customer service desk to see if they will price match, the gal says sure. She hands me this piece of paper and asks me to fill it out, name, address etc. With cash in hand and full intentions of paying for it, the gal comes back with a reciept and the difference in cash and says have a nice day and then leaves. They paid ME $12 and change to walk out of the store with it. With service like that, no wonder they went out of buisness.

Gotta love it!!

Start the coffee pot, it looks like it's going to be an all nighter. Everything always comes apart faster than it goes back together, usually by a factor of 10. I don't think the insurance will believe the columbian thing. Now if you park it on a long hill and let it roll into the river, you could tell them that it must have "jumped out of park somehow".

Fundamental problem with the hill idea. We have NO hills at all around here. I live southwest of New Orleans. That is about as flat and below sea level as you can get. I would almost have to push the thing up a levee to get it in the river. Or wait for a hurricane. Maybe the Colombian thing might work after all. I have it! My truck was abducted by tree hugging aliens.

That same week at Taco Bell and Wendy's, I go thru the drive thru and order enough food for me and the family. I get up to the window to pay for it and what happens. They hand me my order and say "have a nice day and come back soon". I slowly check the order over, nothing's missing, the gal asks " is everything ok". I say it's all here, I gave them the chance to catch themselves, but nope.

LOL, that's it , tree hugging aliens, they formed out of swamp gas.

i guess I should try to get some sleep. My wife said so. Hopefully i will have pictures of the new ride by the afternoon. Swamp gas makes me sleepy!

As Don Mclean had once said " drove my chevy to the levee but......" In your case couldn't it just keep going, over the levee and down the other side. Or how bout the tide came in.

I need to go to. The "boss lady" is working overtime tonight, so she's not home yet. Nite.