Quote Originally Posted by Enraged View Post
wisp, I'm looking for rear mounted Y axis, belt drive on all axis (this allows people to run servos easily), x axis doesn't matter which side to me.

it looks like a few people are planning on offering conversion kits and/or plans, so do your best to maximize travels (properly supported of course) and if you can get the kit out in a timely manner with the quality of your previous kits, I'll be looking to buy as soon as my mill arrives.
for the most travel on the Y, you probably want a rear mount motor. that way its not blocking off the ways limiting it to under 6", under 5" with some sort of Y bellows. you could push out the motor in front, but then its probably just gonna get in the way and smacked by something - like a vise.

theres only 6.5" throat clearance on the bf20 though. i imagine the weiss is about the same. so more travel isnt necessarily usable without furthur mods.

on the x you have lots of travel. the Z would be nice to get more clearance. it would be cool to get the z saddle to overrun the column and inch or so at the top. youll never cut up there so support is a non issue. its just good for clearance when installing long r8 tools.