587,568 active members*
3,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Lightbulb

Hey what's M90 ??

My Machine dealer says its a code to add 1 to the part counter, so if I put M90 10 times in my program, I would a part count of 10, Can you tell me what is Macro B and what is the advantage of it.

Thanks in Advance.

M90 is a machine-builder added in feature not available on most makes of machines unless they too want to build in that M code. They would add it to the PLC side of the control. Don't expect to be able to use it on other makes of tools.

Macro B is a programming tool that allows you to have changeable parameters within your program. If you have a family of parts, for example, with different bore sizes, one program could be written that would suffice for all, with a simple change in the macro variable table that would modify what the program would do. There are conditional branch commands, calculating functions, I/O testing (if you know the address for that I/O). Counting is one of the simpler things you can do with Macro B. You could also set up the macro to stop the machine (M30) when a certain number of parts is reached. Powerful tool.

Cool HI

I am confused...Can u tell me what's the defination of M90 code. I am bit surpised that such code (of increasing Part count) do exist.

Macro programming is a gr8 tool. U can yourself create new canned cycles & u can really fulfill array of wonderful applications....But u need to have through knowledge of it before using. It is complicated to learn.

G-code programming is simple to learn & easy but to learn macro programming is really a tough task.

Ash

Beege & Ashish,

I appreciate all the effort you put into to help in this issue, As you suggest I would try and get some books on Macro Programming,

Best of Luck
    Fahed

Cool

I wanted a M90 Code description. Can u please help

The dealer say its a code given for part count in Galaxy CNC machines, Did you try it too, What were the results ??