587,842 active members*
3,379 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

88HS Cheat Sheet

I have recently been setup with 2 Fadals with 88HS controllers from the 90's and I am having trouble reading and punching programs. Does anyone have a cheat sheet or procedure document that would just get me a cold start to running a program from my SurfCAM post in the office type of thing? I would greatly appreciate the help. I have run many machines, but I can't seem to get Predator Editor to send a program to the 88HS.

Thanks,

[email protected]

the fadal Manual is a good start. has all the info in there you need.

the manuals are avail at http://www.fadalcnc.com/

88HS woes

I have the manuals, I seem to be falling short somewhere. I will probably figure it out on monday morning, but sometimes there are simple startup-to-run procedure sheets for different machines( I have written a few for others) that help. Thanks for the info though !

Maybe i dont understand the whole question.

do you need help with surfcam or getting the program to the machine?

do you know how to send a program through the computer to the machine?

Make sure your settings are the same on the fadal as they are the predator software.
    Ie baud rate x on x off, stop bits etc etc

if they are goto your machine and type in
    ta,1 enter
    cd,9 enter ( cd,9 if for 38k baud I think it say what it is in the book)
    then goto the pc and send program.
    I havent used predator so I couldnt help you on those specifcs.

If your having a cabling issue you may have to make a cable, there not hard I have them written down on pin configs and there are quite a few in this section, do a search for rs232.

I bought one of the light cable checkers from radio shack years ago, it will tell you if the signal is sending. they are like 6-10 bucks.
    if you dont have a serial port on your PC then you need to use a USB adapter. there is some disscussion on this in this section also as they all dont work.

DELW--
    FYI-- CD,9 is for 19,200 baud rate. CD,10 is for 38,400 baud.

Neal

predator system

I have run into issues with what settings predator was giving out for the fadals several times now,I would go and check all the communications on the machine side with my computer and ncfadal program and the machine is fine,but when we would send the program over with predator it would be fine on the computer screen but would turn into all kinds of garbage when it got into the control.being that the machine was proven to be ok with my setup that would be the end of my service call and they worked it out with predator so i can not give you the answer to the problem but i am sure that the issue is with the predator setup.

88HS

so if I type :

CD,7<enter>
    TA,1<enter>

and then send from pc I should have code on the machine ?

Do I press START at anytime ?

I assume this is all in COMMAND Mode.

Should I have handshake XONXOFF software or hardware ?

The more I deal with this, the more I think the cable might have some issues.... I get nothing on the machine side.

rs232

Go to enter next command enter cd,8 then enter and leave it.this is for 9600 baud rate so set it on your pc,you do use the xon xoff look in your manual for all the settings if you dont have it pm me your email and i will send it.you also need a null modem in you cable setup for fadals.you also can download the manual from fadal.com it is under service/documentation support.

Here is some info and the cable config.

http://www.g-zero.com/G0Help/MiscCom.../CNC-FADAL.htm