587,930 active members*
4,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Have new patented bike part,need partner

I invented a loking oil plug for harley style oil bags, I got the notice of allowance 2 weeks ago. It a plug,not a cap. if its a plug, goes in the hole and locks it's covered in my patent. The modle I prefer has a removable dipstick,The plug goes in the hole,then the dipstick rod goes in the plug,the plug plumps up a little,and the metal housing expands,and the plug wont come out,the dipstick has a lock on the end.This modle only has 3 parts,plus the rubber plug that is similiar to a stock plug.I have a proto type,It needs refined.I have been in manufactureing before, and I am a automotive mechanic.
    This is my third patent,the other products didnt do the greatist,but this is a sure hit. I have the domain,"lockingoilplug.com",got a web site guy started,well need a injection mold for the plug, a cnc lathe, a cnc mill.
    I have plenty of good business referances.Lets get started and make some products to sell,I'm in houston, but I have a old rv and can travel,Thanks,Dan

It would probably be easier to work with someone close to you, why don't you list your location?

I'm in houston

Dualkit, i'm in houston, but I can travel.

What is the patent number? I would like to read it. Sounds like you have something great going. Congratulations. I am always interested in bike parts. I am working on patenting a bike part as well, haven't filed yet though.

Just a suggestion, Shortdog... ASAP (in marketing terms it's yesterday!) replace the GoDaddy starting page of your site: it is a 5 minutes job, usually less, but very important to give a better image to your future customers.
    Even a white page with "online soon!" would be better

I'm interested, shoot me an email.

dennisrathi[at]gmail.com I have 3 fadal mills, 3 brother centers, and 1 lathe with live tooling available.

I am very interested and feel I can complement and support your project very well.
    I have sent you a pm.
    Thanks

Hi Shortdog

If you have not found anyone give me a call, PM sent, I have/do machining & injection molding
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Shortdog View Post
    I invented a loking oil plug for harley style oil bags, I got the notice of allowance 2 weeks ago. It a plug,not a cap. if its a plug, goes in the hole and locks it's covered in my patent. The modle I prefer has a removable dipstick,The plug goes in the hole,then the dipstick rod goes in the plug,the plug plumps up a little,and the metal housing expands,and the plug wont come out,the dipstick has a lock on the end.This modle only has 3 parts,plus the rubber plug that is similiar to a stock plug.I have a proto type,It needs refined.I have been in manufactureing before, and I am a automotive mechanic.
    This is my third patent,the other products didnt do the greatist,but this is a sure hit. I have the domain,"lockingoilplug.com",got a web site guy started,well need a injection mold for the plug, a cnc lathe, a cnc mill.
    I have plenty of good business referances.Lets get started and make some products to sell,I'm in houston, but I have a old rv and can travel,Thanks,Dan
    Have you seen the Touratech locking oil cap? prior art? Could be infringing your patent maybe....http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/sh...o?sku=044-0210
    Keith

I get the feeling the "plug" he is referring to means it cant vibrate loose and spin out on its own spewing oil all over you and/or the road... the Touratech one is an actual "LOCK" to prevent someone from dropping sand in your crankcase ETC...
    ... looked again and maybe he does have a keyed lock on it ???

Do you have a complete manufacturing data package yet?
    Been doing this too long

Is everybody either bored or still desperate for work? I always look for indicators that manufacturing in the USA and other developed countries is starting to rebound, which would be good for us all. The original poster has not been heard from in 2 months, but everybody is still pursuing work from him, that to me is not a good sign. If people were busy they wouldn't waste their time in these situations. I am only here because I have the instant notification feature for any new posts turned on. I constantly still see people requesting prints in threads that started up to 2 years ago, either people are not paying attention to dates or they are so desperate they are looking for work in places where there is zero chance of getting any. My business has picked up, customers I haven't heard from in years are resurfacing, I was hoping everyone else was experiencing the same thing, but from my observations, I don't think that is true. Anyone care to comment why people are pursuing work in what I call "dead threads"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Is everybody either bored or still desperate for work? I always look for indicators that manufacturing in the USA and other developed countries is starting to rebound, which would be good for us all. The original poster has not been heard from in 2 months, but everybody is still pursuing work from him, that to me is not a good sign. If people were busy they wouldn't waste their time in these situations. I am only here because I have the instant notification feature for any new posts turned on. I constantly still see people requesting prints in threads that started up to 2 years ago, either people are not paying attention to dates or they are so desperate they are looking for work in places where there is zero chance of getting any. My business has picked up, customers I haven't heard from in years are resurfacing, I was hoping everyone else was experiencing the same thing, but from my observations, I don't think that is true. Anyone care to comment why people are pursuing work in what I call "dead threads"?
    I think I'd fall into the "bored" category.... Threads not dead till the morbidly obese lady sings!
    Keith

Dualkit

I think most miss the date,someone posts then it's alive again so most don't look at the date, they just post thinking it is new
    Mactec54

Probably all reasons, from start-up, break into the biz, wife is beating on me to make more money, need more toys, etc.
    I'm into spreading knowledge to those who need it and make beer money too. I have 40 yrs of Cad/Cam and thought everybody knew everything I know, but again am wrong. Note the number of newbies.

I learned this business at our taxpayer's and Govt's expense and need to give back experience to the future. As you may know that Tool & Die makers are not flooding the job market. It was a great daily learning experience and still is.

New thread perhaps?
    Been doing this too long

do you have a plastic injection mold made or you have to make one ? also we can help with the machining

Thanks kieth

Thanks kieth,sorry it took so long to get back to you,Thats a "locking cap"Lockings caps" have been around since the 1930's Id guess,so no infringment there.Thanks though,I appreciate it,Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Have you seen the Touratech locking oil cap? prior art? Could be infringing your patent maybe....http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/sh...o?sku=044-0210