587,933 active members*
3,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 5 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by 307startup View Post
    Anonymity and privacy have their place in a society that believes in unprecedented access to information, and no conscience for personal responsibility. I daresay you would not say the things in person to my face, as you so freely and wantonly say from the comfort of your home, behind your keyboard.

My responses are my own, my thinking is my own, and the technical/machining advice I have given freely are my own. All have been worthy contributions to this forum.

How appropriate is that common comment about Noise to Signal ratio?
    307startup:You don't know what I would or would not say to your face you wus. Hide behind your anonymity all you like. You know what my name is.

How I miss the days of a polite society.

You have the right to freedom of speech. You do not have the right to force others to listen to your speech. There is also the issue of defamatory speech, libel, slander, incitement, hate and numerous other acts of speech which are NOT covered by the First Amendment. You would do well to heed them.

I am not sure what hole in your life you are trying to fill by jumping into an internet pissing match with both feet, but all you are really doing is digging it deeper. Is your ego so fragile that you feel the need to berate others to boost your self-esteem and sense of self-importance?

Not to mention that due to your own insistence of adding your $0.02 worth, you have lengthened this topic by 2 pages...a topic that you don't deem worthy of existence. Irony or hypocrisy? You be the judge...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Clement View Post
    307startup:You don't know what I would or would not say to your face you wus. Hide behind your anonymity all you like. You know what my name is.

I'll dedicate [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C30XgTQAsHI"]YouTube- Frank Zappa - Nanook Rubs It[/nomedia] to the anonymous bomb-throwers in the forum (unlike most of us each of you know who you are--like Don I sign my posts with my real name, country, state and city and everyone knows who I really am--when you visit my homepage you can even see a dramatic action shot of me at my Tormach). I, for one, am enjoying the perpetuation of this thread, which was started for no valid reason by the chief bomb-thrower. Don is one of the top 2 or 3 knowledgeable contributors to the forum, and I greatly respect his input. Most of the bomb-throwers are bent on only detracting from the Tormach community. Not to mention Don has extremely good taste in music (I'm actually a little surprised he hasn't thrown this one yet...)

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by 307startup View Post
    You do not have the right to force others to listen to your speech.
    307, you don't need to read the thread if you don't want to. Noone forces anyone else to read anything online--it is by default a voluntary action. I, through courtesy, make sure that, for example, no "controversial" talk shows are playing on my workshop audio system while folks visit since at that point they are a captive audience and I am their host. But this is a public forum where people participate through choice.

Everyone, bomb-throwers included, are welcome to visit my shop, and I will treat them with politeness and respect in person, until they show through their own actions they are not worthy of the respect. And noone in person has shown that...

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr9900 View Post
    you don't need to read the thread if you don't want to
    Would have been an equally excellent response to...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Clement
    This thread is a total waste of BW. I hope it ends soon. Doesn't help me become more productive with my Tormach at all.
    Regardless of what you think of SS90's "contribution" to the forum, there's no point getting in a slap fight over it.

I, for one, am enjoying the perpetuation of this thread
    Yeah, Ok. I admit it. I've got some popcorn in the popper.

SLAP FIGHT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    I've got some popcorn in the popper.
    flick, if it's air popped I'll join you. And I'll bring a bottle of Glenfiddich to the party.

Randy

aahhhh Zappa !!
    Thanks Randy !!
    just remember "The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe"

Scott
    www.sdmfabricating.com

flick, if it's air popped I'll join you. And I'll bring a bottle of Glenfiddich to the party.

Randy
    You sir, are a gentleman of the highest order! (one rock please!) :cheers:

Its like totally disgusting
    Im like so sure
    Its like barf me out...
    Gag me with a spoon!

Wow... I guess I'm one of the few who appreciate the posting of this data as general (not gospel) information. I've read enough on these forums about extended delay times due to inadequate stock levels and shady companies who may or may not be going under that I welcome the knowledge that product is moving for these companies. I'd be concerned about IH based on this report, but I've just been there to check on my order... Incidentally, they have not received any new shipments this year so the report was accurate for them...

Thanks for posting this.

Ken

Its like totally disgusting
    Im like so sure
    Its like barf me out...
    Gag me with a spoon!

Is that some of the great Don Clement wisdom that you respect?

Don is one of the top 2 or 3 knowledgeable contributors to the forum, and I greatly respect his input.
    Randy

Fer sure fer sure upstart307 must not be a Zappa fan. I see you are still hiding under the skirt pleats of anonymity.

I'm not anonymous to Uncle Sam or any of my brothers in arms that have done combat tours with me. I wasn't aware that Uncle Sam wore a skirt, but next time I am "hiding" under there, I will be sure to sneak a peek just for you Don

I may never please you, as I don't care what you think of me, or if you think of me at all. Indifference is a wonderful shield from ignorance.

Fer sure fer sure upstart307 must not be a Zappa fan. I see you are still hiding under the skirt pleats of anonymity.

upstart: I really could care less. Have a good day.

i like ice cream.

just figured i'd add something to this thread:wave:

Everyone, bomb-throwers included, are welcome to visit my shop.
    Randy,

If we visit, do we get to wipe down your Tormach every time we walk by? Wait a minute! I don't even wipe down MY Tormach every time I walk by! Maybe you can visit my shop and you can wipe until you're tired, and I'll even put on whatever music you want. Zappa never played jazz, did he?

You have seen this one before, but Michael Brecker was *the man* on tenor sax.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNPrO9N2UeY"]YouTube- Michael Brecker - Delta City Blues (live)[/nomedia]

Regards,

- Just Gary

You should try actually caring less. It wouldn't take as much energy as coming back to post yet another of your "Don Clement-centric" posts.

upstart: I really could care less. Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by justgary View Post
    If we visit, do we get to wipe down your Tormach every time we walk by?
    No, I wouldn't be a good host if I didn't do that before the visit. And go over the raw surfaces of the table and vise with Scotchbrite and Boeshield.

One thing I discovered after lifting the machine off the stand was an amazing amount of accumulated swarf (mostly acrylic), even though I thought I was adequately flushing out the stand after large jobs. Before I remount the mill, I will probably make spacers out of 1-1/4" tooling plate to go under the mounting pads, so I can get a small squeegee (I think that's enough e's) under the machine. Under steady-state conditions, the stand holds 2+ gallons of coolant while running, and keeping it cleaner should minimize the holdup.

No, I don't think that Zappa did anything resembling jazz. He actually was on my shop music rotation before the more recent Sade (with baroque concertos in between). Yes that is an impressive clip, but for solo instrument I'd tend to take bagpipe before sax...

And yes--it's past time I shut up on the thread.

Randy

No, one more comment.
    ...you wus.
    Right about there is where I take exception, Don. 307startup is enitrely correct--there are many people here who post constructively while using a handle. What is the problem with that? One of the most CNC-knowledgeable people I've ever encountered online went by the handle Ballendo, and I'll probably never know his true identity.

It is the actions of people like sharpshooter90 who come in just to disrupt the forum while using a handle that my (probably out of line) Nanook was aimed at, not the people themselves.

Personal attacks aren't warranted, even if everyone knows who you are.

But I'm not your mommy so now I'll really shut up.

Randy

"I'd tend to take bagpipe before sax..."

Don't give me that
    Do goody good bullsh*t

I'm in the hi-fidelity
    First class traveling set
    And I think I need a Lear jet

(munchkins dancing -sax playing)

Page 3 of 5 12345