587,272 active members*
4,954 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

eztrak on estop!

i have a selection of eztrak parts and i have managed to 'sling' a machine together!
    i have gotten to a point where i am going crazy,over something that i hope is simple.
    the mc loads from the flash disk and counts down np,to 13 normaly,then the normal screen comes up and says emergency stop activated.
    i can run the spindle manually and i can test the estop and it stops the spindle ok.i can press in the axis run contactor and the 'x' motor is ok.i am unable to test the 'y' as i think that switches the big relay once homed(?)
    on the bmdc card i have a flashing green light and 1 red at the top(albeit its dim).both of the servo cards have green lights so i dont think a problem there.
    all i can think,is that the axis ref switches (not connected yet!) could be the problem???
    the diagram is pretty vague as to how they are wired but i think both normally open is correct.
    i am loaded with version 3.17 as it was the only disk i could find here and it wrote itself to the flash card no problem.
    i have had 'spindle fault' alarm a few times,and the manual just says reset the MOL-1.....but the spindle runs and i can trip it pushing the trip to test the overload.
    could i still have a bmdc card fault?....or even is there a way to 'frig' this damn alarm out before i lose whats left of my hair!!
    any advice is welcome....as long as it refers to the machine :rainfro:
    regards
    ROB

anyone....

....../any ideas???

the machine....

....is in estop as it is looking for the door guards.however,this machine has no socket fitted to the cabinet for that.so what i need to know is; where does the original guard port plug in,so i can link it out(possibly fitting guards at a later date).is it connected to the axaux card or into the 'pc' direct?
    i think i have the wrong wiring diagram as it does not show the door guards in it.
    i have version 3.17 installed,i tried 3.07 but it wont work with the key switch fitted.
    apart from that,all the spindle/motors/scales etc are all tested ok.just this 1 problem then i will have a running machine!

ROB

Part of the problem is that the configuration and software for a UK machine is different than one here in the US. Makes it difficult to give advice.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

yes i guess....

....this is my biggest problem!
    have been talking to a hardinge engineer today and he is faxing me some various diagrams for the uk spec mc's
    he cant understand why i have 3position key switch and no interlock socket on mc.although it should have.....its a poss hybrid version,....pre bridgeport conversion to table guards etc.still....he seemed somewhat hopefull!
    albeit,i now have a EZ-Frankenstein!!

ROB