587,136 active members*
3,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: NZ2000 T2Y2

NZ2000 T2Y2

Hi guys,

We are looking at getting another machine, and was interested in anyone's opinions on the NZ2000 T2Y2.

In particular, if you've experience with a similar machine from another builder and how they compare.

On our list to look at is the NZ, Mazak's Hyper Quadrex 200, and Okuma's LT300.

Our shop has a mix of Mazatrol, Okuma and Fanuc controllers already.

I'll be posting a similar thread in the Okuma and Mazatrol forums as well.

Thanks for any opinions and comments.

We have a customer that has an NZ2000T3Y3 that runs 24/7 except for Sunday. They run really tight tolerances (+/-.0003). The lower turret (T2) has a 32 tool capability. It runs on both main and sub spindles. Upper turrets are 16 tools each. Very fast and very reliable. This machine is part of a cell along with an NT4300.

Hi J,

thanks for the feedback.

I haven't used a Mori since the mid '90s. I heard today that their controls are a bit like the Okuma's in that you can program using conversational, then it converts it to ISO/G code and runs from that.

Is that right? I see they also come with Esprit CAM software which would be nice.

The newer MAPPS IV controls do have eSpirit on them. The older ones had CAPPS programming available that waould allow you to program on the machine and then you could output the program in G code.
    MAPPS is a front side control that Mori uses to standardize all their machines so you can move an operator from one machine to another and not loose a bunch of time retraining them.
    If you purchase a Mori, they will provide you with a seat to allow you to go online to Mori Seiki University (MSU) and do some online training. It's pretty sweet! Alot of good info on there.