587,722 active members*
3,556 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Epoxy Granite > Epoxy-Granite machine bases (was Polymer concrete frame?)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ckelloug View Post
    Hi veteq Roy,

I'm not that up on the vibration frequencies right now but I reread German Castillo's Ph.D. thesis and he says 30Hz to 70Hz and that the exact frequency was only of secondary importance.
    The freq of the vibration is not that critical. Most vibrator tables for this type of use use a non-geared 50Hz mains 1500 RPM motor (vibe freq 30Hz) or in the USA a 60Hz mains 1800 RPM motor (again about 30Hz).

Smaller motors can be the 2-pole type which run at doubel the speed giving vibe freq around 60Hz.

He's probably mentioned 30Hz to 70Hz as that would be typical of most commercial vibrator table setups and the freq is "secondary importance" as basically it's a fluke based on the motor type.

Settling is not rocket science. You can just whack the mold with a hammer a heap of times too...

"Rapid machine tool design" thesis

Hello to all contributors of this thread.

I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina, and have been reading this amaizing thread for some time.

I am not sure if this was mentioned, I could not find any post about thesis I downloaded, but there is a interesting thesis writen by Carsten Alexander Christoph Hochmuth under Supervision of Professor Alexander H. Slocum about designing cnc machine (Bostomatic 12G) using E/G as machine base.
    The link is http://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/9373

It has many uselful information and maybe could lead to faster resolving of E/G machine building procedures.

Since English is not my native language I appologize if some mistakes occures.

Ensar Dubravic