587,202 active members*
3,048 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Keling, Inc

Keling, Inc

Any have issues with Keling, Inc not responding to emails. I order a motor and a coupling from him seven days ago. He respond via email very quickly with a question about an alternate motor. I responded with questions same day I received the email. I have heard nothing from him since. Three emails to two different email addresses go unanswered. I am hoping he is on vacation or something and will respond this week. If not, I may be forced to fight the payment and go elsewhere with my business.

I ordered some things on fri. and they shipped sat.
    they have a notice that they'll be out july 3-9.
    try again, the squeaky hinge gets the oil.
    Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

I spoke to them by phone on Wednesday. Try calling them.

Quote Originally Posted by cjdavis618 View Post
    I spoke to them by phone on Wednesday. Try calling them.
    Where did you get a number? I looked on their web page and found nothing but a sales email. Can you send it to me via private message or point me to where I can find it?

(630) 254-8655

This number is actually a cell phone number....

1400 Bison Lane
    Hoffman Estates, IL 60192

Tom

Google map that address and you'll see that it's in a residential neigborhood.... You can also look up the business name in the IL corportate registry... at the time I did this, his registration had expired, but that may only mean that he's running his show as a sole proprietorship now.

IIRC, his name is Jon (I've deleted old e-mails)

I think he's a one man show operating out of his house....

He is usually spoken very well of on these boards.

I've purchased from him twice and he made a good effort to answer my questions (small language barrier) and I received good motors at a good price.

He also went above and beyond and allowed me to return one of the unused motors with no re-stocking fee and gave me full credit towards a larger motor.

I think he runs a fair and honest operation and his low prices reflect that you're not paying for a store front with a receptionist and staff.

Welcome to the new economy. The internet has leveled the playing field and little guys can do a lot of things that only big operations could do in the past. I suspect a lot of these guys have to keep their "day job" while their business grows, hence the delayed response time. But heck... I e-mailed an inquirey to Nook about getting wipers, and aside from the automated reply "thankyou for your inquirey" I haven't heard a thing back from them. And their a "big" outfit and that was months ago.

I got my gecko drives from him when the 201x first came out, He had a little bit of a slow response. He then explained that he was waiting for them ship to him. Bam one week later I had them. If hes offering a alternative maybe hes out of stock on your current model. If its a larger size and your drives can handle it then woot for you.

I spoke to him just a minute ago and placed a order. I'm not worried with him, he sells lots of gear to the board members. I have bought from him several times.

Quote Originally Posted by rcazwillis View Post
    Any have issues with Keling, Inc not responding to emails. I order a motor and a coupling from him seven days ago. He respond via email very quickly with a question about an alternate motor. I responded with questions same day I received the email. I have heard nothing from him since. Three emails to two different email addresses go unanswered. I am hoping he is on vacation or something and will respond this week. If not, I may be forced to fight the payment and go elsewhere with my business.
    Thank your all for your support
    Pls email me for any question
    www.kelinginc.net

For future reference. I reached Keling Inc via phone today. For what ever reason, my emails where not reaching him. He was helpful and the out of stock issue was addressed.

And that was on a day he was supposed to be closed.

John has a good business and knows how to take care of his customers. Glad you got it resolved.

I haven't ordered YET from him but from what I see he will be getting my business soon enough.

Arturo is a great guy. I deal with him ALOT. he had a medical situation arise a few weeks back. But he is back at full speed.

I have also dealt with him a great deal. Ended up picking up some of my products in person, which felt great. He is very smart, but also a bit reserved in his recommendations. If I could have gone back I would have grabbed the servos instead of the stepper setup I chose.

Dont get me wrong, a stepper system can be cheaper. But I did a few too many upgrades and spend a lot of money on some huge units and a lot of voltage. The system I have works extremely well, and is very powerful (overly so). I could have actually saved a bit of money going with a decent servo system.

Just take into account your own personal skills and problem solving abilities and go for what you believe you can make work. He will recommend the easiest way to get into cnc, which is smart business. But if you have the history in electronics, setting up a servo systems is not nearly as hard as some people make it out to be (in my own experience at least).

Oooh, but I did fail to mention. Everything I got from him was top notched. Packed extremely well, and sure to arrive in perfect shape. I WILL call him for my next automation supplies. The quality has been fantastic, the documentation not so much you will get all the help you need here.

I personally vouch for keling based on my experiences, and will gladly help with some of the documentation and areas I found a bit foggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixittt View Post
    Arturo is a great guy. I deal with him ALOT. he had a medical situation arise a few weeks back. But he is back at full speed.
    Arturo Duncan is pretty good also, but he isn't with keling Inc. He is from cnc4pc.

hahahha ohh yeah, that is right. Got my people mixed up, we deal with both company's! OPPPS!

Keling Inc is always a pleasure to do business with.

John is very expeditious, we never wait more than a couple of days to receive product and it always arrives in perfect condition.

Occasionally a vendor may have a defective product, John's warranty response (exchange turn around time) is the best we have ever encountered.

Keling's service is top notch.

Jeff Alessi
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.