588,548 active members*
5,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Renishaw MP10 on OSP7000M - probe often stops during gauging cycle

Renishaw MP10 on OSP7000M - probe often stops during gauging cycle

Hi
    Lately I have a problem with the touch probe Renishaw MP10 on OSP7000M. Probe often stops during gauging cycle.(sometimes working properly)
    During gauging cycle, controller displays two alarms:
    1. Alarm 4223 Touch probe battery (battery voltage of touch probe is low)
    2. Alarm 2305 UNTENDED:gauging impossible ( For example: cause code 18)

I checked the battery voltage. Is properly, 9,2 V. Why is the controller displays this alarm ,if the battery voltage is properly?
    Probe turns on good:
    Probe MP10 status LEDs: flashing green
    Interface OMI LEDs: probe status - green, signal - green

regards
    Darek

Did you check the battery with load on it? Thats the cheap fix, replacement. Other issues could be it's not getting a good signal through the infra red. Check the alignment of the pickup. Some machines had the pickup mounted outside the machine, looking through a window. Make sure the window is clean.

Replacement battery did not help. I checked some new batteries.Controller often display an Alarm 4223 (touch probe battery) and stops the cycle of gauging. If the battery is good, is this an alarm may indicate a another problem?The signal is good, the interface OMI is mounted on the spindle inside the machine.

have just had similar probe but with 60 probe renishaw then selves said to check replace batteries what type batteries are they not all batteries the same we tried some same size an voltage but still no good a sfor the other code when ours comes up with that alam usually means probe to far away or wrong direction put in an probe not touching to be actavited so it times out

Do you have on it some way (Alarm 4223), so that the probe will not be stopped in the cycle ? For me this is unintelligible, because the OMI LED "low bat" does not flash. Sometimes are any days when the probe works well and does not display this the alarm.

check the contacts of battery

Previously checked the contacts of battery . I can see again. Controller displays the alarm only at the start of the cycle or during cycle of gauging and it stops the cycle.

Every Renishaw probe I've seen lights a red led when the battery voltage is too low for probing.

I suspect that the "line of sight" between the probe and the detector is not clear. The probe ir signal is not being seen by the detector.

Make sure that the probe is properly oriented when the spindle does an M19. The probe and detector must be kept clean. Also make sure that nothing else is obstructing the line of sight between probe and detector.

You can also try inserting a slight delay when the probe makes its initial Z move above the part. This gives a little more time for the detector to see the probe.

Try a delay of 2 seconds, G04 F2.0
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers

clean the "LEDs" around the probe
    clean the face of the receiver unit
    ( if the receiver is outside---then the window must also be clean )(

CALL 0018 to turn the probe ON
    touch the ruby and does it actually trigger on the screen

CALL 0019 to turn it OFF

sometimes cutting oil and other contaminents can make things a bit sticky, it may just need a service or good clean-up

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is obvious for me. I cleaned the window of the receiver. Some time ago there were no problems even when the window was dirty. This problem is somewhat paradoxical. Probe status LEDs - Flashing green (operating mode), but the machine - sometimes "Alarm 4223 masstaster batterie" (in German?).

Check the ENTIRE wiring loom for a loose connection on the pickup module.
    I had lots of low battery and similar issues with an MP10 on an MA600 machining centre that was ultimately traced back to a loose terminal where the Renishaw wiring loom joined the Okuma junction box.
    Drove me and the Renishaw agent nuts trying to work out why the probe appeared to be eating batteries like there was no tomorrow.