587,112 active members*
3,777 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post processor question

Post processor question

Hi we have a new HAAS MINIMILL. I was wondering what you guys are using for a post to run this machine?

I am using MC V9. I have tried The MPHAAS processor as well as the MPFAN. There are a few things in each post processor that need to be addressed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

your mastercam reseller should be able to help you with this.
    What are your problems that need addressed ?
    Custom/Repair CNC/Machinist
    Mastercam V9.1/X/X2 Mill Lathe Solids

I use mpfan for our Haas Tool Room mills. I have the same or similar issues as you do probably. Like BMackinnon said, your reseller can address these problems, or you can edit it in one of the multiple editors packaged with MC. I perfer cimcom myself, lovely the way it highlights certian text combinations not to mention it's features. If you check the sub forum; MASTERCAM>POST PROCESSOR FORUM, I've asked a similar question the other day and recieved several very helpful answers. They may help you as well. Best of luck
    scott
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

I dont understand why people dont use the Mastercam Haas post MPHAAS for their Hass machine. Why does everyone want to modify the MPFan post?

Open the Haas post in the editor - go all the way to the bottom and look for question 164 and set it to "n" This turns off the rotary axis output.

This is a pretty good post. One of the few I never had to edit.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

please solve my problem
    i have goodway turning centre gcl-2l fanuc ot control
    when we input the parametre machine beconme ready but no axis moved at all
    no spindle rotation nor turret
    please send us also the detail of 905 parametre and bit no zero which is call parity bit

Mike, I think these people are too dawn anal how program format look like.

:rainfro:Rule of thumb for those get too picky how the program support to look like, as long as machine not crash and spit out good part who care.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Quote Originally Posted by CNCRim View Post
    Mike, I think these people are too dawn anal how program format look like.

:rainfro:Rule of thumb for those get too picky how the program support to look like, as long as machine not crash and spit out good part who care.

Talk about a flash from the past. One excellent reason for adjusting a post is that they are generic. The OSP200 post doesn't use a lot of functions of the control unless you edit the defaults in the post and still requires hand edits as mastercam has no entries for a lot of functions as it isn't specific to just one machine control type. It is function not fashion.
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Post processor question

Quote Originally Posted by BMackinnon
    your mastercam reseller should be able to help you with this.
    What are your problems that need addressed ?
    That answer will not work any more. No more dealer support for version 9. This from my dealer.

"Please note we can no longer provide any posts for Mastercam Version9 as it is no longer supported."

John

It did when the thread was started

look at the dates- 4 years ago

Ooops, I looked at one post before me and I forgot to look at the very first one. But oh well, until today there are people still bring up same subject time to time.

Peace out. Close this thread. hihihi:rainfronuts)
    The best way to learn is trial error.