587,550 active members*
3,029 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Fanuc 18T CRT Screen

Hi All
    Been a long time since I've been in this section of forums, anyway...

My screen on the lathe, Fanuc 18T has just gone close to blown, you can still see the numbers very dimm in the back, but its like the brightness has been turned down. I have checked if there are contrast and brightness setting, I can't locate this, so assuming there isnt.

Can somebody help.

Also on another screen I have a few white lines going through, can I get rid of these with some sort of custom repair. They are both 9" screens, so even I could buy and retro fit, would be helpful, but not sure if this works.

any help would be great

If its the old type of CRT, and not LCD, you can open the operator panel and there are pots to control V-Hold, H-Hold and brightness. Maybe they need adjustment. If not, on the settings page, there is a page that you can adjust contrast by using input:1 or input:0. You have to page down a couple of times on the settings page.

Its LCD type, and I've just tried contrast thing, I believe it something on a fanuc board, LCD works on another board so going to try narrow it down

more later....

Most likely the CRT emission has gone way down, if you are really lucky you may find some old B&W monitors if the screen is monochrome, basically I have mixed and matched crt's off old monitors.
    The critical areas are neck dia., filament voltage (usually 12v), and deflection angle of the rear glass, front mounting is not that critical if the size is the same.
    Usually there are adjustments but some are in some obscure places sometimes.
    OK, if it is LCD forget the foregoing.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.