587,513 active members*
2,774 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Gecko Customer Appreciation Sale 2010 - Did I sleep through it?

Question Gecko Customer Appreciation Sale 2010 - Did I sleep through it?

My failing memory seems to recall the sale sometime during the summer, like the beginning of August.

But I also seem to remember this is a kind of random event, and I'm hoping I didn't miss it. Now that August is about over I'm all ready thinking about Christmas shopping.

So did I miss it? (nuts)

I think it's usually in September. I was hoping to have more $$ saved up for it by now, though
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The sale is generally between August and October and is entirely dependent on building up to a suitable level of inventory on hand. We have been trying to build our sale inventory but keep selling out as we build them. As I write this we have two of our pick and place machines running 9 hours a day and should have a decent inventory in the next several weeks.

I think the office would kill me if I committed to a date, but it should be some time in late September. We will post on CNC Zone and send an email to the people on our mailing list to let them know it is on.

Marcus

Fantastic News

I find that absolutely fantastic.

Not only that I didn't miss it, but that an American company working at 112% is still selling out of key products despite this hideous economy.

Hope the Overtime isn't cutting into Mariss Hot tub time. Its always great to hear about the new gizmos he's dreaming up.

Been waiting for a while too. Hopefully Sept rather than Oct.

There is some pressure to make the Chinese reform their currency manipulation, so why should you care? Chinese products are artificially cheap now, U.S. products artificially expensive. If corrective action occurs, U.S. products are cheaper to ship overseas, Chinese stuff costs more here. Mariss gets benefit he deserves but buy cheap Chinese stepper now before they double in price.

????? Are you a troll? Have you even used a Gecko over a "cheap chinese stepper?" Buy American has nothing to do with a superior product versus a failed out of the box problem. Have you seen ALL of the posts complaining about, poor quality, poor performance, blown chips, and finally, the latest, "How I fixed my cheap chinese piece of junk?" Seriously, the guy found so many flaws, he ended up making a daughter board and ran extra wires all over it until it looks like a failed plate of spaghetti.

Now I got to admit, reading Crevice Reamer run on and on as he waxes poetically about Geckos is a bit much, but he has a point. Geckos are THAT good. If you mean the barely cheaper decent chinese steppers, they still don't match the performance of Geckos. Not the volts, not the amps, not the micro step morphing, NOT THE WARRANTY, and if we ARE talking the VERY close price points of the high end chinese steppers, then it IS a matter of buy AMERICAN. Higher quality, better performance, great warranty and RED, WHITE and BLUE.

Troll begone. I banish you.

Quote Originally Posted by qroger View Post
    There is some pressure to make the Chinese reform their currency manipulation, so why should you care? Chinese products are artificially cheap now, U.S. products artificially expensive. If corrective action occurs, U.S. products are cheaper to ship overseas, Chinese stuff costs more here. Mariss gets benefit he deserves but buy cheap Chinese stepper now before they double in price.
    Your stupid, alot of U.S.A. made products now adays are very close in price to the chinese. Now the chinese stuff now adays is as crappy of garbage as it's ever been. Buy U.S.A. while you still can, support your own. What's so hard about spending litterally 1 or 2 more dollars on much higher quallity products, better service and tech support and helping your own economy. Say NO MORE to the 3rd world. Let them double in price I hope they do, who cares.

Any update on the sale date?

We are in the process of launching our new website, which has been a week away for the last four months, and plan on having the sale coincide with the launch. We are hoping this time it really is ready to launch as we have the thumbs up from our website developers and are just working out a few last minute kinks. I apologize for the wait on the sale, but I will announce it here as soon as it has a set date.

Marcus

Wink All will be forgiven.

I just hope this major web site makeover means purging all that extra flash/shockwave content.

Some of the business systems just can't cope with the current page.

Quote Originally Posted by universalfab View Post
    Your stupid, alot of U.S.A. made products now adays are very close in price to the chinese. Now the chinese stuff now adays is as crappy of garbage as it's ever been. Buy U.S.A. while you still can, support your own. What's so hard about spending litterally 1 or 2 more dollars on much higher quallity products, better service and tech support and helping your own economy. Say NO MORE to the 3rd world. Let them double in price I hope they do, who cares.
    ie:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails !cid_70A8245B1BFA4947A5950BD4C62C8A7B@ardis.jpg  
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post
    I just hope this major web site makeover means purging all that extra flash/shockwave content.

Some of the business systems just can't cope with the current page.
    All flash is gone. We are going to a PHP website instead of ASP and everything will be done in Java instead of Flash. As much as I like watching the gecko crawl across the page when it is loading it gets pretty old pretty fast.

The support page is going to be much more organized with every document in plain text with the option to download it in PDF format. We are just ironing out the last few bugs in the site and will launch as soon as possible.

Marcus

Can you hold off on the sale a few more months? :P A gecko has my "new toy" list but I'm not ready yet(i need some other toys first). A big sale might just force me to buy.

I am looking at drives right now. Can't make up my mind. Been considering the Gecko320x. A sale might make me buy 4 of them, 3 axis with 1 for a spare.

Sale sale sale

JAckal
    Everything is bio-degradable, if you run over it enough times with the lawnmower.

Yes, let's get this sale going Marcus! The money is starting to burn a hole in my pocket as I'm ready to buy but holding off until you to give me the green light!

Looks like it is on! I am on gecko's site now and everything looks to be marked down around 15%. Although, what I am after (g540) is still just a hair less with shipping from Keiling...

Mind Teaser :stickpoke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails china made.jpg  
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/