Luthier, if you do retrofit the parts, please post some pictures on here. I, for one, would be very interested in seeing what improvements are possible on the PCNC.

My current project involves keeping an eye on eBay for some affordable 80/20 rails, around the 6' length. I figure that to expand the tabletop from 2x3 to 2x5 should be fairly simple. Although if someone has some advise on redoing the wiring, I'd be happy to hear it.

Also, does anyone know where to find those rubber belts used for the rack-n-penion system? I'm going to need new ones when I expand the tabletop. I'm not even sure what the correct name is for them to use for a Google search.

Update: I did my tabletop leveling. Pulled all the MDF spoilboard off, (originally stuck on by Bill with double-sided tape), there was about 1/32" of surface sticking up above the metal T-Slot rails. I used a 1.5" flat mill to level the tabletop even with the overhead gantry. Decided against putting a spoilboard back on, figure I'll just use scrap under a project when needed.