Hi Guys:
I’m a retired tool & die maker, tool planner. I’ve been running an old Shizuoka AN-S with a quick draw changer and a Bandit control in my garage for the last ten years. I’ve been using Mastercam to design and program (self taught) to make hot rod parts for my self and my friends. I have to say it’s been a blast. My interest have been drifting more to the artsy side of cnc machining and any one familiar with the bandit control knows that is very slow in loading programs and has a very limited memory. My interest in this blog is in hoping to find out to convert to a PC operated system. I’m not very knowledgeable in the electrical end of this endeavor but have two sons who are ready and technically able to help. I’ve done some searching for info and have gotten some good info but have yet been able to put together a coherent plan. If at all possible I would like to keep the servo motors and the drivers as they are in good shape. The problem is finding a controller board that I can install in my PC and how to hook it up to the existing drivers (if that is possible). I have all of the original factory manuals and diagrams on the machine and the control. I’m VERY limited on income and have been reluctant to mess with the Bandit because it just keeps running and running and running. I also know that one day this thing is going to give up the ghost. So if any one feels like giving me a little direction here I would really appreciate it.
Roy