587,748 active members*
3,243 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: NEED HELP

Page 1 of 2 12

NEED HELP

NEED help with my Heidnehain 151 !Ok, I am new to this site and am looking for someone that can help me with a small problem that is driving me nuts....I posted this in another location on here

I can run it through all of the canned cycles....conversational....I cannot figure out how to make it change tools via the M06 .

What I do is enter M25 and change tools manually....can someone write me a small program that will include a tool change? then I can adapt it to my needs....for example...spot drill with tool 1 and then change to tool 2 and drill with next drill.

any help would greatly be appreciated.

Mick

M25 precedes M6 T? S? Z line. You may have an order sensitive unit, i.e. T? M6 vs M6 T?. Good Luck

Here is what I came up with
    Tell me your exact control and I can be of more help...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanx for the help ....

but I can only program in conversational.....can you adjust that for me...

Mick

Would it look something like this?

These are all of the post processors that I have for your control ...
    Is it one of these?

HeidenG
    Heidenhain 151 ISO - Metric (R)
    Heidenhain 151 ISO - Metric
    Heidenhain 2500 Conversational
    Heidenhain 2500 ISO
    Heidenhain 2500 ISO
    Heidenhain Conversational
    Heidenhain TNC370
    Heidenhain Gcode
    Heidenhain Gcode - Metric
    Heidenhain TNC-155Q
    Heidenhain TNC131 Inch
    Heidenhain TNC145 - Metric
    Heidenhain TNC151 Bridgeport ISO
    Heidenhain TNC151 Conversational
    Heidenhain TNC151 Conversational Metric
    Heidenhain TNC151 Interact Conversational
    Heidenhain TNC151 Interact Conversational Metric
    Heidenhain TNC360 ISO (Metric)
    Heidenhain TNC 360 Metric
    Heidenhain TNC370 Metric
    Heidenhain TNCi530 Conversational - Inch
    Heidenhain TNCi530 Conversational Metric
    Heidenhain 2500 Conversational _Subs
    Heidenhain Conversational - Metric.exe
    Heidenhain 2500 Conversational (CR Arcs)
    Heidenhain 2500 Conversational _Subs (CR Arcs)
    Heidenhain TNC 360

Perfect Circle,

Thank you again, I can't wait to try this tonight...

I cannot remember the exact version that I have ...other than I know it is the TNC151 and it is the most latest version or update...

The repairman at Heidenhain in Illinois walked me through the steps to confirm what version I have....and he also tells me that any repair over 100 dollars is a mandatory 2995.00 No getting around it..

Fortunatley for me everything works perfect.

another question I have....while I was taking class at Heidenhain they gave me a engraving program on a zip drive. I bought a Radio Shack Acer computer to possibly hook up to my TNC 151 through this drip feed I hear everyone talking about....when I loaded it onto my computer....It locked it up.

I did come to find out that if I plugged in a mouse then I could use the computer... but not the touch pad that is incorporated into the computer.I juist haven't figured out how to open it.

As you can tell I am a little slow on the computer technology.

any Ideas?

Mick

Glad to hear that one worked for you.
    As of the locking up with dripfeed...I'll have to sleep on that one.
    The mouse might have a conflict with the touch pad as the comp. sees both as a mouse.......hmmm I'll think on it.
    Good Luck with all your work:cheers:

PerfectCircle,

I got a chance to load that program verbatim....I tried...would not except exactly the way you wrote it.

I added the M6 where I deduced it needed to be....the program locked up at line 13 and "wrong sign" is displayed.

I tried loading it no less than 3 times....same thing.

Thank you again

Mick

Talking Minor Details

To get Perfect Circle's code to work it may take some minor "massageing". The feed rate that will be shown on the screen has the last digit to the right of the decimal point. To get a feed rate of twenty inches per minute it would be entered as 200. A feed rate of 5 1/2" per minute would be entered as 55. There will be no decimal point or positive sign in the feed rate.

Also the pecking distance in the cycle should not be zero. It will give a "cycle incomplete" error. The sign on the pecking has to be the same as the sign on the depth (usually negative).

You could put an M06 on the stop before the tool change. Does this machine have an automatic tool changer? You mentioned you were changing manually, but weren't specific as to whether it also had an ATC.

I would probably interchange lines 5 and 6 and move over the hole position before the Z move to 0.1 above the part.

The line after the last cycle call is unnesessary because you are already at that position. At the end of the cycle call the tool is at the setup position. You could move off the part with an X and Y move and have an M25 at the end of that block. The M25 that turns off and retracts the spindle would execute before the X and Y movement begins.

I realize that Perfect Circle just gave you a "general" program, but the little details when you are just beginning can make you pull your hair out.

P.S. Heidenhain must be wanting to drive everyone away if they have charges like that. I will think real hard before I buy another.

Odin,Ltd. has a guy that does field training, assessments, etc. for Heidenhain and a lot cheaper 970-685-4391

Talking missed M03

Dan here again,

I just noticed that the M 03 was missing after each stop for tool change. The first motion line after each tool change would need an M 03 to start the spindle or you would get a "spindle rotates missing" error message.

Hope this helps.

Dan,

Appreciate the input.....will try today.....and Yes, I have a 12 position ATC.

It is a Bridgeport Interact 412 of 1989 vintage, and even though it is 21 years old....it is in nice shape.....I had this machine for a couple of years before I even figured out how to turn it on...

Yes, the Heidenhain sounds expensive.....but, it is the only one that I have seen until recently....I took a class at the local Community College......to learn G code.....they had new Mazaks there.....

I do not know if the instructor was inept..but my old Heidenhain seemed to do more procedures than the 2006 Mazaks...the class was just to learn the gcode....but I asked alot of questions....with not much help from the instructor....he had to wait until the next class so he could ask one of his students if it was possible.....YIKES.

:cheers:Ok I re-wrote the post maybe this will be more along the lines of your control.

I am working on a fine tune for this Fabtech....hang in there and thanks for the help Dan....

Hope this helps. Long time since I worked on 151 most of my work is 530 now.
    I don't think you need the M06 after the TOLL CALL as you are manual changing.

0 BEGIN PGM 100 INCH
    1 TOOL DEF 1 L+0.0 R+0.0
    2 TOOL DEF 2 L+0.0 R+0.0
    3 TOOL CALL 1 Z S2000
    4 CYCL DEF 1.0 PECKING
    5 CYCL DEF 1.1 SET UP+0.1
    6 CYCL DEF 1.2 DEPTH-0.08
    7 CYCL DEF 1.3 PECKG-0.0800
    8 CYCL DEF 1.4 DWELL0.0000
    9 CYCL DEF 1.5 F60
    10 L X+0.0 Y+0.0 R0 FMAX M13
    11 Z+0.1 R FMAX M99 ; M99 SAME AS CYCLE CALL BUT EASIER TO USE
    12 STOP M25
    13 TOOL CALL 2 Z S2500
    14 CYCL DEF 1.0 PECKING
    15 CYCL DEF 1.1 SET UP+0.1
    16 CYCL DEF 1.2 DEPTH-0.625
    17 CYCL DEF 1.3 PECKG-0.1250
    18 CYCL DEF 1.4 DWELL 0.0000
    19 CYCL DEF 1.5 F100
    20 L X+0.0 Y+0.0 R0 FMAX M13
    21 Z+0.1 FMAX M99
    22 STOP M25 ; CHANGE BACK TO T1
    23 L X+3.0 Y+4.0 R FMAX ; MOVE TO PARK POSITION
    24 STOP M30
    25 END PGM 100 INCH

Still need to turn the spindle on, M3/M4

Quote Originally Posted by gdwood3rd View Post
    Still need to turn the spindle on, M3/M4
    M13 turns spindle on and coolant. M03/M04 to just turn spindle on as with most machines.

KJTDOUGLAS,

The reason I am posting on here is so I don't have to change tools manually....I am looking for the "HOW TO" change the tools via the ATC.

I am in the process of locating a touch probe to speed up my process's...maybe not neccessary for the little work that I do....but, I want to know how to use it.

And I hope to get another machine with about 40 inches of X, I seen a VMC 1000 with the Heidienhain control......that is my next goal.

thank you

Mick

Call Rick Antkowiak @ Heidenhain 847-519-4858

Gdwood,

I know Rick, he was my instructor at the school I took about 2 years ago....and he is a great technician.

He is the first to tell you he is not a machinist, and he appreciates the input he gets from the guys attending his classes...

He also told me he cannot tell me how to make it change tools in the programing....because it is a Bridgeport adaptaion.....I know all of the M codes...I just don't know where to install it in the program to change the tools in a complete program.

Page 1 of 2 12