587,184 active members*
3,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Hello All!

Hello All!

Hello All,
    I'm Jack in RAMS Support. As part of my job I have been given the priveledge of responding to comments in this forum and can hopefully be of some help to anyone having problems or needing questions answered. I don't have hours a day to spend here and promise no set time for replies. However, I will check the forum from time to time and reply to your comments and questions.

Thanks! Jack.

Welcome, to the site. :wave:

Awesome!

Thanks and welcome aboard!! Have a seat and we'll get started.

While reading your post I got this image of Buzz Lightyear....sorry...I have no idea where it came from.

I have absolutely no idea what RAM is or what it does, but I think it is awesome that you are here as direct support of your product. Outstanding.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Thanks Scott,
    RAMS isn't actually MY product, I work in RAMS E-mail Support. (Wish it was mine) The owner of the comany elected me to respond here...and I am glad to do so. ... BUT THANKS!

RAMS is a 2D, 3D, 2,3, or 4 Axis CAM program. In short, RAMS establishes a tool path on a CAD drawing using information input by the user, such as tool size & shape, depth of cut, & etc then converts that path and information to code that tells the router or mill where to go and what to do when it gets there.

Thats a very long sentence... I hope it helps! Jack.

Well - you are representing, so all here will think it's your product.....nobody has to know...

Glad you are here!

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Question Circles instead of arcs.

I'm using RAMS with a MaxNC 15CL. I have a problem where the code that is generated will put in a complete circle, when all that is there is a small portion of an arc. Have you seen this before? I'm attaching the .dxf file I'm using, and the resulting .T file so you can see what is being generated. I had to rename the .T file as a .Txt so it would upload. Just rename it to .T and it will work. I'm using a 1/8" 60 degree Carbide Cutter with a tip width of 0.005".
    I hope you can help me with this.

Thank You
    Attached Files Attached Files

I use rams with wincnc and have had this same problem. If I use a raster to vector program to change a picture to vector it sometimes makes very small arc's, Rams must have some type of arc error that is off as if you don't find them it will make those big circles. Most of the time I just edit the text file, find the G3 code and delete it, thats seems to be faster than finding the little arc. I also use rams on my waterjet, I am not happy that you can not have a lead in or lead out which is larger than the tool you choose.

Jack