587,997 active members*
1,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Zoom rate change

Is there a way to change the zoom rate on Mach3?
    when I display the toolpath the work to be done appear as a dot and I have to roll the mouse wheel for ever before I can get my work to fit the toolpath window.

Mike

There is no Zoom rate. What you're seeing is usually the result of the coordinates of the imported part being vastly different from the current machine position.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

When I look at [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR50g3QFvp8"]YouTube - CNC Stomp Pad 5 - Mach 3 G-Code - Learn CNC Plasma Cutting[/nomedia]

When he loads the G-code (at 1:25) it fits in the window.
    When he starts running the program (at 1:30) it becomes like a dot, That is the way I always see my work.
    But somehow he jumps to full screen (at 1:50) and it appears to be just with a click, in my case I have to scroll at least 50 to 75 times to zoom in this much.

He does the same quick zoom-in on the Toolpath window (at 2:30)

What do I need to do to see my work full size without zooming-in or to zoom-in with a single click?

Sorry for the delay in responding but I've been searching and found nothing so far.

Thanks

Mike

Go here: ArtSoft USA - Video Tutorials
    and view the "Homing, Limits and Offsets" tutorial video.

Pay particular attention to these aspect of the video:

1. Display Mode button
    2. Table Extremes versus Program Extremes
    3. On Toolbar Config> Homing/Limits: Soft Max & Soft Min.

On item 3, pay attention to the difference between setting up the X- and Y-axes and setting up the Z-axis; specifically the direction orientation of the axes.

Watch and listen carefully to the video once without doing anything, then watch it again with MACH3 running so you can tinker with MACH3.

This video tutorial is one of the most important to operating MACH3 successfully. It contains information concerning a variety on inter-relationships within MACH3 which are not at all readily evident when one first starts with MACH3.

If the operation of your CNC is puzzling or if MACH3 seems to have a mind of its own, then WRITE out the errors and then try to disaggregate them based on the information in this video.

[And yes, one might question posting now as the original message is from January, however, I just watched this video and had several "AH HA" moments which seem to be related to the original posting.]

Wow I can't believe I didn't know about that, thank you zool!! I've never bothered to set my homing and limits on either my lathe or mill, so they were the default 100 -100 and I could never zoom in close enough on the tool paths (especially in lathe mode!). So I changed my soft max to 1, min to 0 for all axises and now I can zoom WAY in and see even a 0.005" radius with absolute clarity. AWESOME.

John