587,698 active members*
3,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Rutex Products > Servo Drives > anyone use this brand servo with r90h?

anyone use this brand servo with r90h?

I've got my hands on an old alliant knee mill, I'm going to attempt to cnc it. The open sharing of knowledge on this forum has given me a bit of confidence.. :idea:

I'm thinking of going with 4 MCG ID33004 servo's and rutex r90h drives.

(I'm going make a 4th axis out of a rotary table later)

Anyone use these servo's, and if so can u suggest an encoder?

Next stop... power supply
    I hope to use this thread for all my questions as I go so I figured the rutex forum would be ok?

Here's the links...thanks
    servo link
    encoder choices link

also seen these on ebay...
    ebay servo's

I have a new one sitting in my garage, haven't used it yet, but it is a nice servo. MCG makes high quality motors.

Thanks wisp.. I hope they will power a knee mill ok..

Gentlemen,

I am a MCG dealer also. I just finished making an adapter that if you connect it to an E5D or E6D US Digital encoder, you can just use a Rj45-8 (cat5) cable to directly connect your encoder to the R2010 drive. I think the US Digital encoders are the best deal at this time.

Tom Eldredge,
    Rutex LLC
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

mcg

How much do you sell the ID33004 servo's for?

Are they suitable in your opinion for a bridgeport conversion?
    Thanks

I need to update my price list for all of the MCG motors. I only have prices for certain motors at this moment. I'm a new distributor.

The ID3304 seems like it is a little on the light side, but it might work. On a Boss NC retrofit, I would definately say it was too light, but on a retrofit of a < 2hp bridgeport, it might work. I would try to stay closer to the 19 inch lb range if I were you. Try to find one with at least 2 ohms terminal resistance. MCG seems to skip over this range of motor.

Servo Dynamics may be able to help you. I buy from them.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the help...

Tom,
    What does terminal resistance do for me?

Please see my other thread when you get a chance...

other mcg question

Drew

Drew,

Terminal resistance provides an obsorber for the BEMF of the motor when the motor is coming to a stop and the drive transistors are turned off. Something has to obsorb all that energy, and if the motor has very little energy, the protecting diodes in the drive transistors have to absorb it all. See the "motor and drive matching" document found under products, r2000 series. It will explain this in detail.

I have not pushed or inventoried the MCG motors lately. MCG seems to have a hard time keeping this size motor in stock. I think Dan Mauch must buy them up when they re-stock. You can contact him for MCG motors. He is active in the cnc business.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC

Gentlemen,

A user told me someone is having trouble contacting Rutex. I answer emails throughout each week day that come through the Rutex.com web site. My Rutex email is [email protected]. My phone number is 573 368-7399, and I do call Rutex users in the USA an Canada if they ask me to, normally the same day. I can be reached during business hours.

I only normally check into the cnc zone when the cnc zone notifies me of a post. I do not answer questions about motor specs that are posted on the zone, normally. I could spend all day looking for specs on people's motors.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC