587,083 active members*
2,648 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fusion 640T PCMCIA port?

Is the PCMCIA port on this controller an optional part? I can't seem to locate where the port itself is. I would like to add a network card to the unit. Any suggestions?

I have read in the forum about others installing a NIC in this port but mine doesn't appear to have one.

Thanks
    -Rich

On the 640 control this is an option so not all controls have it. You could find the control mounted right behind your screen, you can open up the back of the control and the PCMIA port should be on a board labeled HR841. If you dont have this board even though its an option its just hardware that needs to be added no parameters need to be changed and you should be able to order the hardware from Mazak. Hope this helps.

Need Help! Fusion 640T PCMCIA port?

Hi,

Also i think this port does not support ethernet cards of any local make, even though we install the corresponding drivers.
    The one we could succeed in was a Buffalo make PCMCIA ethernet card & the drivers were provided by Mazak.

Regards,

Girish

The 640 control will support an ethernet card but will only support the older 16 bit cards and not the newer 32 bit cards. Mazak has stock on the 16 bit ethernet cards that will work in the 640 control. You can also order the HR841 board from Mitsubishi but they do not carry the ethernet card.

Hi onthebumber,

Thanks a lot for the information.
    We were still wondering what was blocking the local ethernet card.

Regards,

Girish

Wink Just got a 640MT

Just planted a 99 Integrex.
    I haven't powered up yet but found a 16 bit ethernet card for $6.89 (Win95 compatible) which I will try to use in the next week or so.
    I'll let you know how it works for me.

Thanks for the information. I just called Mazak and they gave me the following options:

1) Mitsubishi part# A60108 which is the HR841 board with an interface cable: Mitsubishi Electric Automation Inc. - Part Detail

2) Mitsubishi part# A68841 which is the HR841 board without the cable: Mitsubishi Electric Automation Inc. - Part Detail

I assume that since I am adding this board to the machine I will need the one with the cable? I haven't went out to the machine yet to see how this connects in.

Thanks
    -Rich

Yes you will need the one with the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by onthebumper View Post
    Yes you will need the one with the cable.
    Okay - so we got the board.. it's installed and appears to be recognized in device manager on the machine. We also purchased the recommended buffalo NIC and the included drivers don't appear to work.. we get an exclamation mark by the lan card. The bad part of this is that all the documentation is in Japanese - no English on the instructions at all. I also went to the web site, it too is Japanese. I've had google translate the page and it appears they are saying that drivers for this card are included in windows 2000 which doesn't appear to be the case. I don't know if it's because it's 2000 embedded that it doesn't contain the drivers, but nevertheless, the drivers that were on the CD aren't working.

Does anyone else have this card (Buffalo LPC2-T) and if so, how did you make it work?

Thanks
    -Rich

We finally got it working - had to call all over the place to different Mazak numbers. <rant>Got a huge runaround but finally I went back to our purchasing department because I was fixing to return the card because we couldn't get it to work and the purchasing person called their contact at Mazak sales and oddly enough they had a set of instructions to make it work... SALES had it.. not SERVICE... how stupid is that? Plus if they HAD it, why didn't they include it with the sale of the card? </rant>

I have attached it here for anyone's reference in case they run into the same issue.

-Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files

The 16 bit PCI ethernet card also worked.
    Can install in either Port1 or Port2 PCMCIA inside pannel.
    It installed with a few Win95 error induced re-installs but works great.

Now...Using Win95 on a Win7/xp/2000 network...

I can see & backup my Mazak hard drive, but can't seem to get Win7 to allow Win95 to any shared resources. It only works from the Win7 side? Really?

Now I remember why I hated 95.

Quote Originally Posted by rmarchjr View Post
    I can see & backup my Mazak hard drive, but can't seem to get Win7 to allow Win95 to any shared resources. It only works from the Win7 side? Really?

Now I remember why I hated 95.
    This is because the security protocols are greatly different between 95 and 7. Here is a link to a M$ document that describes downlevel sharing. Right around pages 29-30 it talks about changing group policy to allow this. Let me know if this helps:

Download details: Windows 7 & HomeGroup: Sharing with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and other operating systems

-Rich

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the information.
    Will be really helpful for everyone here.

Best Regards,

Girish

Hay Rich

You just solved my last network - it's been killing me for months.
    The info in the above link fixes the WIN95 to WIN7 resources issues.

Thank You!!!!