587,507 active members*
2,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > How to get V.24 BobCad to recompute toolpaths after translate.

How to get V.24 BobCad to recompute toolpaths after translate.

Hi,
    Simple question I think...
    What is the easiest way to get Bobcad to re-calculate toolpaths after a translate ?
    Example, I draw a part with XY=0 at lower left corner, and create toolpaths, then before cutting I use translate to move it down so XY=0 at the top left.
    I find I have to re-select and recalculate toolpaths for each geometry feature in the CAM tree as well as the stock to get the toolpaths to recalculate in the new locations.
    Is there a shortcut I am missing ? (calculating all toolpaths does not do it).

Thanks !
    -Scott

Not exactly shortcuts...
    But when you choose to Re/Select geometry and the existing geometry highlights, just press the spacebar without actually reselecting anything. It should update the selection.

Then, rather then re-computing each feature and after all your geometry selection is done, left-click on Milling Tools under CAM Part and select Compute All Toolpaths.
    (this will save time only if you're not heavy on 3D ops. that don't need re-computed)

Obviously, due diligence is required to not miss any features.hat don;t need

Thank you - That is basically what I was doing - just hoping for a quicker way to get BC to recompute with the new locations.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SPDTool View Post
    Thank you - That is basically what I was doing - just hoping for a quicker way to get BC to recompute with the new locations.
    Just a shot in the dark here, if your using Mach 3 , work offsets might be something of interest for you.

Funny, I have this same problem...

It's not a work offsets issue - I did a bunch of development, and need to add in a routine that does threadmilling from another source - Bobcad won't recalculate the toolpath, even though I've added, deleted, translated and changed geometry.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckmeat View Post
    Funny, I have this same problem...

It's not a work offsets issue - I did a bunch of development, and need to add in a routine that does threadmilling from another source - Bobcad won't recalculate the toolpath, even though I've added, deleted, translated and changed geometry.
    After you setup a feature, then do some type of tranform on the geometry, you have to go to the features "geometry" tab and right clcik and "reselect" then choose OK. Then re-compute.