587,830 active members*
2,927 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Events in Florida???

Just wondering if anyone out there would know of any events or shows in the Florida area??? Specifically around Tampa??? I know CNC isn't that big down here but it's big enough to have a demand for it.

If anyone has any information on an up coming event I would appreciate some feedback!

Thank you :idea:

KyleH2 Guest
    There's a manufacturing show in march at the orange county convention center and its free. You can find it on their website or one of the various trade show search websites. I wish there were some manufacturing expos that had seminars and stuff, they often have really good up to date info.

EDIT: Just saw you work for Aerotek and that they were at the Power Gen show. Were you there? I wish I had known I would've stopped by and said hi. (I am graduating with a BSME in about two years and have a pretty strong manufacturing background)

Really? That's awesome! No I wasn't there with Aerotek during that show, they were our Energy divison reps. I'm in the commercial divison. I want to try and go to some seminars/shows to have a better understanding of CNC as a craft so that I can level with people when I have conversations with them. But we are hiring a lot of CNC Machinists in TAmpa as of lately, you guys are just super hard to find down here!!:wave:

KyleH2 Guest
    I would be all over it but I currently have an amazing Engineering Tech/CNC Machinist job here for a microwave engineering company that is very flexible with school. How wide of an area do you cover? I am in Orlando.

If anyone has any information on an up coming event I would appreciate some feedback!

My office covers all of Tampa, Clearwater, St Pete, Largo, Plant City, Brandon up to Brooksville, Springhill and Hudson FL. We have an office in the Orlando area that deals with positions in central florida. Occasionally we help out other offices if we have a great candidate for a position they have open, it just depends on the situation.

It's just been hard finding CNC machinist since we saturated the area for this one company here.

KyleH2 Guest
    I know Sarasota has a pretty well equipped machinist school. The students obviously wouldn't meet your two year requirement, but when I visited them they had a very well equipped shop.

I am a machinist looking to relocate to central Florida if you can help e mail me at [email protected]

There is the largest woodworking show in the US in Atlanta Georgia, IWF. Not right in your backyard, but well worth the trip. It is held every two years, on the even ones. I have been to more than a dozen of these, there is CNC galore. Look up IWF 2012. Yes, it is next year, but put it on your schedule.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by CNC_Machinist View Post
    Really? That's awesome! No I wasn't there with Aerotek during that show, they were our Energy divison reps. I'm in the commercial divison. I want to try and go to some seminars/shows to have a better understanding of CNC as a craft so that I can level with people when I have conversations with them. But we are hiring a lot of CNC Machinists in TAmpa as of lately, you guys are just super hard to find down here!!:wave:
    Hard to find? I am right here!. Tampa,FL also. A lot of us are already employed working 50 hours as it is (if you want to).

I believe you guys called me several times last month. Sorry, didn't answer already employed.

How is the demand for engineers with machining background? I might come to you when I graduate with my engineering degree.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleH2 View Post
    I know Sarasota has a pretty well equipped machinist school. The students obviously wouldn't meet your two year requirement, but when I visited them they had a very well equipped shop.
    What is the name of the school? I attended PTEC in clearwater many years back.

很好的东西 可惜 my english is poor

Well, Sounds Great

Well, Sounds Great! I also wonder about its information!
    Unconditional Replacement and Refund Guaranteed--Anyi Measuring Tools, Instruments & Device

If anyone know of any up coming shows please let me know.
    Thanks
    SEF TACTICAL

There's a yearly conference that DP technologies holds for their ESPRIT cad/cam program. Although its in different locations every year. This year it was held in Miami. The weather was beautiful. It's already passed though. It was the last week of may. There are various courses you can schedule. Alot of them very informational. The course will run you about $1200 though.

There is also the upcoming Pacific tool show in September. Held in Santa Clara,CA if anyone if near.

Gtab meatclaws-talkatap
    ...Snitches get Stitches...

Gosiger had or is having an open house this week. Not sure if it's over already or not. SouthTec is coming to Charlotte in October.

Good

This forum is so good , the view is wright and important in our life.

Coach Shoes
    Coach Outlet Online Stores
    Coach Handbags