588,020 active members*
4,903 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Sprutcam Revision Level

Sprutcam Revision Level

Just curious what revision you guys are running. Anyone running anything newer than the Tormach supplied Version 7 without problems?????

version

is there a newer version than V7?

I am running SC 7.1.2 build 39989RC from SC website, without any problems. I don't know what Tormach's current build is. Tormach may have leapfrogged this build as they usually do, particularly if they find a new bug in the latest build.

I have used one of the 7.1.3 night builds for a couple of small projects. I was having some problems with very slow graphics with the official Tormach 7.1.2 release that appear to be cured in 7.1.3.

The projects only used drilling and waterline operations and I didn't see any problems with those.

I'm traveling so I can't check the exact version, but I downloaded it around the end of Feb.

I am using SC 7.1.3 build 40251... Always have slow graphics and access violations no matter what build I use.

Hi,

I have been using 7.1.2 from the SC website.

Robert

I had been running 7.1.1 until last week when I downloaded 7.1.3 42017 from the nightly updates. I got consistent Access Violations when I tried to open the Parameters in a project I created with an earlier version. I then noticed that Tormach had 7.1.2 available so I tried it and so far it seems pretty stable.

There are some features in 7.1.3 that I like so I might try a differant build of it or try starting a new project in it. The only problem is that when I install a newer version (even if I put it in a new folder) the older version starts with a whole bunch of errors. Something must get rewritten in the registry.

This worked for me...

Hey Guys, check out this video from Dave at Sprut UK. SputCam is lightning fast after this little fix.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLUKH6H_Nbk"]YouTube - Solving SprutCAM 7 'Access violation' errors.[/nomedia]

No actually it does not. It works the first time, but you still get the errors and if you delete your cfg file, you have to setup everything again.

He even states that they don't know what the problem is and that this may not work. But at least it is an acknowledgment that they know the software crashes.

A little frustrating for me to keep getting access violation errors.

What do you mean first time? First time you run the program? Anytime I try a different night build or switch versions, I have to use that process and it works every time. The only thing I have to set up is the Imperial versus Metric.

What I mean is it fixes the symptoms but not the problems.

Kinda like going to the doctor to get pain meds because you hit your thumb with a hammer. That's not solving the problem, just masking the problem.

I don't download nightly builds and I still get the access violations, to the point I can just about do them at will

But kinda off topic from the OP post as the access violations are a known problem.