587,238 active members*
3,961 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 6 23456
    I've got a 0% interest credit card lying around somewhere...

That is funny you can get a SX2 for 3 dollors more or go for a SX4 for less. It's probably a typo and they probably won't honor it.
    Jeremiah
    PM45 CNC Build in Progress

Let us know how it goes - this part of the ad isn't very reassuring

43.3% lower than the average Orders Completed rate

Well, I hope he completes mine...

Please dont blame me if some thing goos wrong
    But do tell me if you have your machine and i wil give you my adres so you can send me a x-mas card lol

I was looking for a 200 amp ac/dc tig welder and the best price in Holland was 800 for a chinees one and i found the same one (nearly the same ...mine is yellow instad of red) in England for 400 and that was including shipping to Holland

The Dutch "Grizly" called Buitelaar is building a new and even bigger Indiana Jonnes wharehouse
    Guess he's makking a lot of money whit these machines

Have some of you spotted the new sieg-cnc's whit servos and linear bearings and siemens controled?
    They do pay atention and look often on this site....they know what we want and what we are willing to pay for it...Hell we even tell them how to build it lol

I'll blame my credit card company if something goes wrong It has a really good protection policy on it so I should be okay (knock on wood). They've gotten me out of trouble before.

The supplier is processing my order...

Hello,

I'm Charles and this is my first post here. I ordered a 704 on March 10. I must have just made it under the wire! The delivery notice I received shows delivery around May 27th. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not. I'm a little disillusioned with Grizzly right now. After I saw that the 704 was discontinued I was going to cancel my order and get a 484. Come to find out that had been discontinued for even longer. There is now a huge price gap in the mills that are available from Griz. Does this mean that a new line of mills is coming? What about support for the 704? Is this common practice for Griz? I would hate to receive this mill only to be stuck with a product with no support. I"m pretty savvy as to the way of machines but I can guarantee I'll find some way to break it! I'm going to need parts! Does anyone know what's Grizzly's policy on supporting discontinued machines?

Thanks!
    Charles

TerraWombat: Did they say they had a R-8 machine or MT4?

I would suspect that Grizzly will bring back the G0704 at some point when the supply get better and the motor problem is fixed. With around 60% of the mills having motor failures they cant keep selling them unless they ship them with spare motor....

I would like to see them bring in the Weiss 30 too. I think it is better fit than a RF-45 for a lot of people although PM stills is bringing them in.

Quote Originally Posted by arizonavideo View Post
    TerraWombat:With around 60% of the mills having motor failures they cant keep selling them unless they ship them with spare motor....
    how did you come up with that figure?
    Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    how did you come up with that figure?
    Hoss
    right...ive seen 5-6 confirmed failures...and mine is literly the brother of a failure(next serial number up) and I run the crap out of it wide open with no problems since july 2010...Id say its a much lower % of failure...2-3% maybe...doesnt take many failures that get into the spot light to give a product a bad name...reminds me of the Toyota recalls...
    http://www.g0704.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mwood3 View Post
    right...ive seen 5-6 confirmed failures...and mine is literly the brother of a failure(next serial number up) and I run the crap out of it wide open with no problems since july 2010...Id say its a much lower % of failure...2-3% maybe...doesnt take many failures that get into the spot light to give a product a bad name...reminds me of the Toyota recalls...
    I would like to know for sure but I bet it is higher. I don't think they pulled it because of supply issues. That has never bothered them before - just take the order and bill when it comes in. I think they pulled it because the electrical issues were costing them a lot of money and I would guess that just 2 or 3 percent wouldn't have triggered that. There have been a lot of issues on this forum and this is just a small pocket of their client base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by arizonavideo View Post
    TerraWombat: Did they say they had a R-8 machine or MT4?
    Didn't ask, but the specs says MT4. I'll be happy if I just get the damn thing for the price I paid.

As I expected:

Jack wong
    Thanks for your coming letter and enquiry.
    Sorry for we company already stop sale the model.
    Please go to our site to choose more models:
    Showroom and MIC: blinmachinery.en.made-in-china.com
    If have any questions, please kindly tell us, we and our engineers will be ready to answer your any questions.
    Best Regards!
    Jack

I think that basically says, "you're not getting your mill."

HAHA....

Man that SUCKS!! But honestly it of course was too good to be true right.... Those chinamen are pretty sly it seems to try posting stuff like that to get you thinking you can get a smokin' deal direct..... I personally know a fellow that bought an entire container of machine tools from China but he paid a lot more than that for the machines. It is really kinda hard to believe that even in China you could buy a machine like that for $500.00 .... Just nuts... peace

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pete from TN View Post
    That can't be right... $500.00 shipped for an RF45!!!!! Holy smokes that is impossible.. there has got to be docking fees or taxes or something like that.... Hell if I could get a machine like the IH clone for under a grand I'd be tickled pink!! peace

Pete
    for reference, when the x4 (rf45) was launched, i called sieg and the retail price out of china was $1250. i doubt even a high volume retailer would get a price near $500.

the sx4 is likely double the price of the x4 direct.

the fact that both machines list the same price leads me to believe they just put up any random number.

(edit: and of course they dont have one)

Mwood:

I don't know any more than you guys the exact # of motor failures but about half of the G704 posted here had had a un explained motor failure. People who have problems are more likely to post about them so I have no idea the real % but it is rather high.

It would have been better if I had said "A high number of motor failures".

The newest motor failure was LongRat with his Weiss 30 which bums me out a bit because I have the same machine. Do I feel lucky?

Griz didn't pull them for being a good seller....

I like the mill a lot and after the motor problem is solved it will be the best mill for the money in its class by far. They could knock off $100.00 and sell them with out a motor and the still would sell well.

I can tell you that based on the number of g0704 customers I've had versus the number of complaints posted
    the failure rate is less than 10%.
    Not exactly carved in stone numbers but at least not based on wild guesses.
    3% would still be too high in my book and could be a factor in grizzly taking a time out.
    The backorder issue is very real even with the posted problems and pulling a very popular mill from their site is not new.
    They pulled the g0484 (rf45) last year from the site but it is available in their new catalog.
    Speculation runs rampant when there isn't much fact to go by, time will tell.
    Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Here in the UK the combination of VFD and 3-ph motor suitable for the BF-20 and BF-30 will cost you about £300 or so. I'd love to see these mills with this sort of power system on as standard, even if the cost of the machine was bumped up by £300 they would be by far the best machines available. If this also allowed 5000 RPM spindles then they would be unstoppable.
    LongRat
    www.fulloption.co.uk

Well since it is my first post I suppose I should start by saying hi.

On a positive note I ordered a G0704 from Grizzly on 3/14/11. I promptly got an e-mail stating the mill was back ordered. Good news is they said they should get a shipment in on 4/8/11 and it will be sent out then.

Guess I got lucky cause it was only 1 or 2 days later the link for the mill changed to discontinued. However they say my order is still going ahead as planned so with any luck I should have it with in a month.

Page 4 of 6 23456