587,223 active members*
3,194 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need a machine

Looking for a machine to custom pattern cut glass up to ¼ inch thick. Minimum material size will need to be 20” x 36”. My budget is flexible. Not sure if I want/need a router or a water jet. Pro’s and cons on both for this type of material will be appreciated. Thanks

I don't think you can cut glass with a router, but you can for sure with a water jet. I program and run a Flowjet and it cuts basically anything without any issue. When cutting glass your need to do a soft pierce so the jet doesn't break the glass. Programming is very easy and you can change the girt of the garnet so you edge quality looks nice. You'll need to keep in mind that the finer the garrnet the longer it takes to cut, but looks nicer...Hope this helps.

A water-jet is definately the way to cut glass!

We sell the most price competitive machines in the industry now in 5'x5', 5'x10', 6'x12' and any custom sizes you need! Let me know if you would like me to cut some samples for you!!

Hope this helps!

Clint
    (205) 337-8520

Laser glass cutting is also very excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Man View Post
    Looking for a machine to custom pattern cut glass up to ¼ inch thick. Minimum material size will need to be 20” x 36”. My budget is flexible. Not sure if I want/need a router or a water jet. Pro’s and cons on both for this type of material will be appreciated. Thanks
    Hello,

This is Doris from JCUT Company.Very glad that i can help you.

If you cutting glass,you can choose cnc router with water tank.As per the size,we can recommend our JCUT-6090B to you.For the machine,its spindle is 1500W variable-speed,water cooling,controllng software is Ncstudio software or Mach 3,drawing software can be compatible with artcut,artcam,type 3 or mastercam.

Can you tell me your email address?Then i can send the details of JCUT-6090B to you.My email/msn is [email protected] ,skype is lasercncmachine,yahoo is [email protected] ,gmail is [email protected].Any question,please don't hesitate to tell me.
    Waiting for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Best regards

Sincerely,

Doris