587,255 active members*
3,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Anyone running the PlasmaRoute CNC "Blaze2" machine?
Page 2 of 4 1234
    So got any updates for us? Im interested to see how easy it is to use.

I too am interested in an update on your new Plasmaroute. I take it you got the Blaze 2. I have been going back and fourth for the past month between Dynatorch and Shop Sabre, was about to pull the trigger on a Shop Sabre then got to thinking about it all that I will be doing is metal art and now and then some prototype parts. The Plasmaroute is about $5,000 cheaper. Can't find many people that own a Plasmaroute to get there input after using one a while.

I recently drove from the DFW area up to Ada, OK to visit with Steve and Nikki. Shortly after the visit I ordered the Blaze2. About 2 weeks ago, I returned to Ada to pick up my Blaze2 and spent the day with Steve going over the software and setting up the machine. As I become more knowledgeable about the software (namely Corel Draw) it has become easier to draw any silhouette. I’ve found numerous videos on YouTube which help explain the many functions of Corel Draw. The software that is used besides Corel Draw is SheetCam and Mach 3.
    I've only got one picture of the Blaze2 in my shop, but I will have more as I tidy up the cables and get everything arranged
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0240.jpg  

Dam I wonder what happened with hailrazer?

Sorry guys life has got in the way. I haven't had time to do more than set it up and run a small Routing program.

I am just now getting the air filter in. Maybe this weekend I can try to start up the Plasma cutter

Quote Originally Posted by hailrazer View Post
    Sorry guys life has got in the way. I haven't had time to do more than set it up and run a small Routing program.

I am just now getting the air filter in. Maybe this weekend I can try to start up the Plasma cutter
    Hey hailrazer. Just saw the pictures of where you've got your machine. My 4'x4' plasma is in a room of a similar size and it takes about 10 seconds worth of cut time for the dust to fill the room. I wear a respirator to keep the stuff out of my lungs, but can't be good for your eyes! You'll definitely want to consider some kind of ventilation.

Here is my setup:

Sure looks pretty when it's brand new!

Did you guys ever get these setup and running? Any pics of the setup or parts produced? How do you guys like the machine overall?

I have just ordered a Blaze 2 CNC plasma after doing research on plasma tables for about a year. I own a fabrication shop where we build mostly race cars and it seems like a perfect fit. The included water table will keep the dust under control which is a huge concern when the plasma table is being used as a tool in a working shop as opposed to being the main operating machine. I was also attracted to the 4ft x 4ft size as it will not take up excess space.

Both Steve and Nikki have gone out of their way to help with information and any questions that I have had. Very nice to deal with friendly patient people when making such a huge purchase.

Let me know what you guys think.

Smile Blaze2

I’ve had my Blaze 2 up and working for about a month now. I cannot empathize how much I like the water table. I sometimes us a magnet to pick up small pieces and I am surprised at the amount of powered metal that attaches to the magnet. If not for the water table all of this material would either be on the floor or in the air. I had to replace the torch holder because a piece of metal did not fall and I could not hit the stop button fast enough. One phone call to Steve and Nikki and the part was on its way.

Here are some pictures - one is the Blaze2 in my shop and one machine cut.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0190.jpg   angle fish.jpg  

Thanks for the reply and nice pics of your setup and artwork. How do you like the software? Is it pretty intuitive? Also what are your thoughts on the gantry and build quality of the table?

Thanks again.

The table is very well built. It took 3 of us to unload the table from my trailer and this was after we removed the slats. The gantry appears to be well built.

I spent the day with Steve and we went over the software. Sheet cam and Mach3 are fairly easy to learn, the learning curve is with CorelDraw.

I actually copied this artwork from another forum and have used this venue to learn the ins and outs of CorelDraw. Even though you copy the artwork from someone else it may need to be "cleaned up". This is where you learn how the software works.

You can get answers to nearly all of your questions over the internet. I’ve posted a couple of questions on different forums and you can quickly get an answer to your question.

So is the blaze2 the machine to buy?

I am very new to this fourm, and I am thinking of ordering a Blaze 2 CNC and router.

Quote Originally Posted by navy80to04 View Post
    I am very new to this fourm, and I am thinking of ordering a Blaze 2 CNC and router.
    carefully document the process for us. When you get it film the setup and first jobs please.

I think this is the onr for me also, just deems more complete.

ok, will do

Hate to bring it back from the sorta dead but still wanting more feedback on this machine.I've kept searching and searching and I always end up coming back to this one.I should be securing a bigger shop space soon so now im even more eager to find my future machine.

It has recently been brought to my attention that PlasmaRoute no longer uses well known Made in USA controls.

In other words all the electronics now are from who knows where this week & maybe somewhere next. I'd be cautious of being able to get support, replacement parts etc.
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

I pick up my cutter in OK 19 Sep.

Quote Originally Posted by navy80to04 View Post
    I pick up my cutter in OK 19 Sep.
    Everyone that posts about one never gives us any real feedback afterwards.Dont forget to come back!

looking into getting the blaze 2, If there's someone in the houston tx area that has one, I would like to see it in action.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboys1 View Post
    looking into getting the blaze 2, If there's someone in the houston tx area that has one, I would like to see it in action.
    Im in Houston too.

I thought I had a new bigger shop secured but it was advertised way wrong.Now gotta look for another place before i can look into buying a machine.I ran out of space a long time ago.

Page 2 of 4 1234