587,345 active members*
3,456 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc error 998 ROM Parity Error ???
Page 2 of 2 12
    19.7=1 decimal input was already set as was 38.3=1 full key board, PWE=1, emergency stop on & still would not take the DGN parameters. In our parameter list, they are listed as D300, D301, etc up to D400 something. We have no alarms going off just the "NOT READY" flashing. We are on the DGN page of the parameters when trying to input them. Any other suggestions ?, start from scratch & try again, are we inputting them in the wrong order, 900's first, then NC param's & diagnostic's last ? We don't have the RS232 going yet either so can't send in by file, plus don't have back up files just hard copies.

In order to input the PMC Parameters, you'll also need to have the program protect KEY signal (G122.3) = 1. This is normally a quarter turn keyswitch on the operator panel.

Thanks cnc2149. We will turn the program protect key to on & try again tonight. The G122.3 is this from the ladder logic ? I included a couple pdf's from the parameter manual 61400e
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, the G122.3 bit is a coil in the ladder. Usually, the keyswitch contact will connect up directly with this coil. You can go to DGN page and look at the row marked 0122 or G0122 and see if the bit toggles between 0 and 1 when you rotate the switch. Of course, leave it in the logic 1 position in order to input the DGN bits from the keyboard. This bit it not looked at when inputting normal CNC parameters.

yo cambie baleros a un husillo de centro de maquinado chevalier. se le oye un ruido a la altura de la banda , pero los baleros no son.
    mi pregunta es. si aprete de mas los baleros con la tuerca genera ruido

PWE should be 1 to enable Parameter write and also the key switch. D means daignostic . Some diagnostic parameters you may not be able to change. Do you have values of these parameters. Can you PM your 900 parameters. I may give you some advise.

Ok finally had a chance to mess with the machine again.
    Tried to input the DGN parameters no luck, no key for program protect so removed switch & connected the 2 wires, G122.3 did not change from 0 to 1, but G121.7 would ?. Tried from scratch again, "Del+Reset at power on", input 900's first power off at control, power on at control, 998 error again. Start again found parameter 905 would crash the system to the 998 alarm. Hard copy lists 905 as 00100000, bit 0 & 5 are penciled in. When 905 is all zeros no 998 alarm, changed bit 5=1 & bit 0=0, crash 998 alarm, switch them around 5=0 & 0=1 crash 998. When 905 all zero's no crash & can input all other param's but the DGN's. Also can not switch to edit mode (or any other mode, stuck in MDI) to try & send param's to PC for back up. I'm lost. time to call in a service tech ?.

Can you send me 900 parameters list. I may be helpful.
    <[email protected]>

I need Software!!!
    FANUC 0 SERIES PMC EPROM CONVERT TOOL
    I have tried to buy this software from," taobao "
    FANUC 0 SERIES PMC EPROM CONVERT TOOL -
    is there anyone who can help me.
    Gradin.

Good day, well we got our new EPROM chips from the machine tool builder installed them & no more 998 ROM Parity error & we were able to input all the parameters. But now we have some other alarms & probs.

PROB #1 - Air Pressure Alarm ? not sure about this one as there is no air going to this machine & we can't find where it would go if it did ?.

Prob #2 - Tool mis-align alarm. The control has a selector switch for the tool number but doesn't know which tool is where. i.e. set to #2 & get #7 position, set #3 & get tool #6, set tool #6 & get tool #3. Where in parameters do you set the current tool number position for the turret, it's an 8 station turret ?

Prob #3 - Homing machine - Press "HOME" "HOME START" "X-Axis" and no machine movement but the position screen "ALL" shows the Absolute & Relative X coordinates moving, but the Machine X coordinates are not moving. It looks like the machine is already sitting at the home position limit switch on X-axis. Do we have to some how manually move off the home position limit switch first ? and if so what is the best way to do this ? By the way when in manual mode "MPG" "X100" we get the same result, Position "ALL" shows the Absolute & Relative moving but no machine movement regardless of whether we are in X or Z axis selection.

We ended up calling in a service tech. He had everything up and running within a few hours.
    Jumpered the the air to turn the alarm off. Now the machine can move & be sent to home position.
    Determined the tool selection switch was bad so manually index turret with MDI
    and of course a few new problems came up but were taken care of.

Thanks to all who helped.

Re: Fanuc error 998 ROM Parity Error ???

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Attached is a sheet that you can reference for restoring the Oseries control.

Stevo
    Please can you send me this pfd file for restoring O series controllers

Sent from my vivo 1610 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 12