587,997 active members*
1,857 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: BurnyIII

BurnyIII

Anyone know how to save the parameter changes on a Burny III panel after the "SERV99" VAR STORE" message comes on the screen...We have a book for the System 80 and that one is done with hitting the Shift button! Any Ideas??? Thanks in Advance!
    Darryl

My memory is fuzzy on the Sys 80 front panel.
    I think there is a '*' key on thew front panel that you press.

Can you take a picture of the front panel and send it to me?
    [email protected]

Then Ill remember which key it is.
    I have a few B3's her but havent touched a SyS 80 in about 5 years.
    This getting old stuff stinks!!
    Alan Bradford
    www.plasmatechnologies.com

BurnyIII

Yes Alan that is correct...there is an Asterisk (hidden key) that is used in the saving of new parameters.
    I will get a picture next time I am at the customers...for now we have seperated power so that the control voltage power doesn't go down when they shut the main machine off for now as a temporary fix. This allows the parameters that i have changed for machine operation to stay in memory so to speak(really the power hasn't been shut off so its not in memory)
    We are now thinking that after consulting CMC that there may be a jumper that needs to be changed because on the B3 after ther SERV99 function then enter, shift, the "warning message" stops flashing but when the machine is rebooted it doesn't save our new parameters.
    If your looking at selling one of the B3's let me know how much you want and we'll take one if you want to part with it?
    Thanks Again Alan
    Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bradford View Post
    My memory is fuzzy on the Sys 80 front panel.
    I think there is a '*' key on thew front panel that you press.

Can you take a picture of the front panel and send it to me?
    [email protected]

Then Ill remember which key it is.
    I have a few B3's her but havent touched a SyS 80 in about 5 years.
    This getting old stuff stinks!!
    It's under the U in burny,

alen

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by darrylcharron View Post
    Yes Alan that is correct...there is an Asterisk (hidden key) that is used in the saving of new parameters.
    I will get a picture next time I am at the customers...for now we have seperated power so that the control voltage power doesn't go down when they shut the main machine off for now as a temporary fix. This allows the parameters that i have changed for machine operation to stay in memory so to speak(really the power hasn't been shut off so its not in memory)
    We are now thinking that after consulting CMC that there may be a jumper that needs to be changed because on the B3 after ther SERV99 function then enter, shift, the "warning message" stops flashing but when the machine is rebooted it doesn't save our new parameters.
    If your looking at selling one of the B3's let me know how much you want and we'll take one if you want to part with it?
    Thanks Again Alan
    Darryl
    service mode Pressing the burny bu key (you have found that) set parameters as desired. press 97 var store, ce key to confirm, press 98 reset/restart. It will not read the new values unless it is restarted. Note I have acess to 6-7 used b3's the back boards may be diffrent depending on the machine it is used on. open the case and read the part number off of the board in the back.

Shoot me an email I have the manual I can e-mail you [email protected] AB I can send it to you too

Thanks Again Alan
    Darryl
    some days i'm so stupid i can't think .....try ce instead of shift

see below

Thanks guys...we found the blue key on the back of the circuit board on the B3(which may be older than the ones youi are used too) after pressing the serv99 Var Store and hit enter shift then enter...you then hit the blue key on the back to save! thanks for the help. We are still trying to buy a few units as back up!

Thanks guys...we found the blue key on the back of the circuit board on the B3(which may be older than the ones youi are used too) after pressing the serv99 Var Store and hit enter shift then enter...you then hit the blue key on the back to save! thanks for the help. We are still trying to buy a few units as back up!
    first time for everything. I've called everyone i can think of with old burny experiance and no one has heard of a blue switch. there are some switches on the communications board but they are inside the controller on the back board.

also no one can remember service mode 99. It must be a protopype of some kind.

Well I'm glad you fixed it. I do know that after a variable store the machine needs to be reset before a program is run or all changed data will be lost on restart. would love to see pictures any replacements I can get will be diffrent.