587,115 active members*
3,512 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Pocketing Problems in Build 1.3
Page 2 of 2 12
    Mcphill, never fear the dongle will always be near. However I am investigating the reliability of the dongles we are currently using, and may need to switch it. I like using the dongles, and it makes it easy for me to control inventory (listen up BOBCAM) he he he

Quote Originally Posted by mcphill View Post
    I for one vote "violently" that you keep a dongle option, even if you change to a software key for some/most users. The dongle is by far the most portable solution, allows the key to be transported off of a crashed computer system, does not require "pre-planning" when I leave for a trip, etc. The primary reason I began looking at SprutCAM is because BobCAD got rid of their dongle. I have found other items I really like in SprutCAM, but I really don't hope I lose the main reason I was looking at it in the first place.
    My computer (both) has 8 USB ports and I have a lot of things that have to be plugged directly into a USB port not an extender (even if separately powered). I have about 3-4 dongles and that leaves me with only 4 ports for devices. If I have to travel and use any of the software it gets awkward finding/plugging them in on an airplane. And yes, as a programmer I often do work on a plane (some may call it playing games, but it's called testing!).

There are advantages/disadvantages to both. Having the flexibility for the customer to choose is the best. I used to like the dongle idea, until I started reading up on the issues they have with the USB versions.

On software lic you don't have to do any pre-planning as well. For Houdini I can simply login to my account on their site from anywhere (internet is worldwide). Exchange lic as needed...and keep working. If you get to your remote location and realize you forgot your dongle, well youre stuck.

The Fix

Hello guys, here is the link to the fixed version

http://download.sprutcam.com/downloa....1.3.42918.exe

We have also fixed the annoying SprutCAM behavior when opening imperial projects. Now when you open a project it will be already zoomed. No need for wheel scrolls every time you open a project! )

And we also have fixed the problem with getting intolerant lathe contour from 3d model in imperial projects (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/sprutc...athe_part.html). The fix will affect only new projects because the lathe contour is cached in operations. To clear the cache in existing projects you can reassign the part in the root of the job tree (delete old one, and add it again).

Page 2 of 2 12