587,258 active members*
2,914 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    Hello,
    Im not sure this is where I need to ask my question. My question is regarding the same problem that was being addressed in this post, but I have not seen a conclusion to the problem.

My question (problem) is.

I have a 1988 Tree 325 mill with Dynapath 20 control that I can not get out of E-stop.
    Error message says E-stop depressed, so the motors will not energize. I have tried bypassing the E-stop but that has changed nothing.
    I talked to Dynapath and they suggested to start by tracing the E-stop circuit.
    I am in need of electrical schematics that would show the interface of the control to include the E-stop.
    Also I have lost all my programs, could it be that the battery has felled and I have lost all the parameters??
    If you need more info please ask.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Bob
    Morning Bob,
    The E-stop string starts at the CNC's DC I/O board. A 24vdc signal is sent out from pin J2-34 to TB18-1 on the MTB panel, then out via TB18-2 to the the Emergency stop PB1. The string eventually returns to J1-9 on the CNC's DC I/O board with 24vdc. Anywhere on this E-stop string the machine builder would have wired in all the E-stop devices such as air pressure switches, door switches, motor overload relays, aux. over travel switches... etc. Please note that the 24vdc signal should be referenced to ground. If you find damaged wiring or No 24vdc at pin J2-34, check resistor R76 on the I/O board. If it's burnt you have a grounded wire or switch.
    It appears you have a dead CNC memory battery since you've lost your programs. Replace the battery and you should be able to get an OEM start-up condition and will need to set up parameters. I can email you docs and prints should you need.
    Best,
    Rick Macy
    [email protected]

Hi Rick and thanks for the information, I will try to check the machine as you suggested and keep you informed as to the progress. If you could email anything that would be needed for this machine I would greatly appreciate it. I am sure I will need to ask more questions as I get further into this. I am not much of an electrical guy but I think with the help of the forum and people like you I can muddle my way along and hopefully get the machine up and running.
    Thanks again.
    Bob
    [email protected]

e stop error will be thrown on systems with reference switches if it start up with system on the switchs home position must be set off of reference switchs and homed befor shut down at least that is how it is on mine
    Otto
    just another one man show workin to play

Quote Originally Posted by buba447 View Post
    Have a dynapath 20 and a Tree Journeyman 325 that i am trying to get in working condition. I have been working out one kink at a time, but it seems i have hit a brick wall. When i turn everything on, i get an error message that reads:

FAULTS:
    EMERGENCY STOP
    ENTER RESET TO CONTINUE
    PIC REVISION #000 - 10/20/86

I have everythin all plugged up (i think) when i turn everything on i get this error and i cannot jog with the machine, it does nothing!
    Anyone have any idea what any of that means? any help at all would be very apreciated, thanks a bunch!
    Hey guy's I have ended up with this tree mill that buba 447 was working on,I did get it up and going after buying a whole new rack of boards and 2 servo drive boards, the mill was working fine I have been running it for a few weeks now, then today I was doing some milling and had been milling for a few hours when the mill just shut down and the screen went blank ,so I turned the machine off for a few min then turned it back on the screen came back on but now I can't get it out of e-stop when I hit reset, it's not sitting on the limit switches and it's full of way oil and there's good air pressure I have all the right lights on the boards and all fueses are good, I even unsnaped the boards and put them back in,I am stumped any help would be great.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by red zilla View Post
    Hey guy's I have ended up with this tree mill that buba 447 was working on,I did get it up and going after buying a whole new rack of boards and 2 servo drive boards, the mill was working fine I have been running it for a few weeks now, then today I was doing some milling and had been milling for a few hours when the mill just shut down and the screen went blank ,so I turned the machine off for a few min then turned it back on the screen came back on but now I can't get it out of e-stop when I hit reset, it's not sitting on the limit switches and it's full of way oil and there's good air pressure I have all the right lights on the boards and all fueses are good, I even unsnaped the boards and put them back in,I am stumped any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Well after working on it all day I finaly found the problem the 3 little tiny wires going up to the proc switch on the z axis had broken and fell down into the main frame and was shorting together so I cut the wires off and seperated them and it fired right up now all I have to do is find a new switch because the wires on the switch are to short to wire back together.

when the spindle reversed did the motor control relay overload. i have had the emergency stop message when my coolant pump was dying. the mcr would overload and the machine would stop dead with the emergency stop message.

Just picked up a lagunmatic 320, does anyone know where to get a digital or hard copy manual?

Page 2 of 2 12