587,083 active members*
2,952 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Dave,

I understand your frustrations with ND, yes it has some limitations and quirks but for a hobby system I believe it is satisfactory.

I design in ArtCAM or SolidWorks and send jobs to my CNC systems, and one thing that has impressed me about ND is it's ability to import DXF files perfectly. To give a different perspective, Corel wouldn't work for me, so I am actually glad to be stuck with ND.

It sounds like you would do better with a direct Corel driver, so the FSE solution may be the best option. They're close enough you could go for a demo and see if it will do what you need.

Hope it works out.

Zax.

Quote Originally Posted by zax15uk View Post
    Dave,

I understand your frustrations with ND, yes it has some limitations and quirks but for a hobby system I believe it is satisfactory.

I design in ArtCAM or SolidWorks and send jobs to my CNC systems, and one thing that has impressed me about ND is it's ability to import DXF files perfectly. To give a different perspective, Corel wouldn't work for me, so I am actually glad to be stuck with ND.

It sounds like you would do better with a direct Corel driver, so the FSE solution may be the best option. They're close enough you could go for a demo and see if it will do what you need.

Hope it works out.

Zax.
    Hey Zax, thanks for your input. I wouldn't mind it if I were in a hobby situation but I am not. Rather, I am in a high-paced production environment. And, needing raster and vector operations, plus the ability to raster out gray scales, ND is a dog for me. It is a terribly written piece of software, but I'm glad to see someone can get something out of it that is useful.

Best regards!

Page 2 of 2 12